Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Play off match - Wed 1st May

There was a refereeing assessor from the league at our game on Tuesday and they where fully aware of the issue at the Chatham game and I would expect the officials for Mondays game will have been made aware.

The officials from Tuesday are all up for promotion , quite rightly, and I expect that on Monday the best officials available based on their performances over the season will be assigned. No doubt that they also will be reefing up the pyramid as well next season and the playoff is as reward for their good work. 

Just been informed by a friend of mine who happens to be a Chatham supporter that anyone considering trying to get a ticket via Chatham there will be NO online ticket sales and anyone turning up at there ground before Monday trying to get a ticket proof that your a resident of the Medway area will be needed 

2 hours ago, lovely stuff said:

Without the whistle incident from Chatham we would not be having any of this hassle and would have been at home.😖

If we’d have treated the game with the importance that it merited we may have been in a different position…. i seem to be the only one questioning the importance of last Saturday… to me promotion was about the whole play off set up not just wednesday….

1 hour ago, 55 seasons said:

That would not have guaranteed success and May have resulted in injuries to key players. It is what it is.

100% this, there's no guarantee that we would have a) won or b) beaten Horsham in the semi if we had approached that game with different personnel, or the phantom whistler wasn't there.

Chatham are 2nd on merit over the course of the season, so we rightly have to play them away (that's not an endorsement of their facilities, attitude to other clubs or ticket allocation decision by the way). I just hope Gav has another tactical master plan up his sleeve.

Posted (edited)

As I have said before, as someone unable to  get to games I read all reports, not only ETFC ones. but those off the official league's correspondent.

For some time it has become apparent that most reports written by the latter, relating to the Town, always seem to be well down the page rather as an after thought.

Even those regarding Hornchurch have been rather somewhat muted. On the other hand those on Chatham have tended to be almost sycophantic after every game. I wonder why!!!!!

It may be only me who sees this but it does make you think why the ticket allocation is so disproportionate between the teams.

I  do sincerely hope that there are at least 400 happy supporters will leave Chatham on Monday evening!!!!

It is about time that the League start playing all their future play-off finals at a neutral ground. Otherwise they should scrap them and just put 1st and 2nd up for promotion. After all the Hertfordshire FA even play their under 10 Boy/Girl's County Cup finals at the neutral County Ground.

On another matter "Why isn't a red card given when a player deliberately hand balls into the net whereas a defender is when keeping the ball out"

I know it is a rule but Chatham's fwd last Sat deliberately handballed into the net and turned away celebrating a goal.  An obvious act of cheating which went unpunished. 

I hope the ref keeps his eyes and ears open wide next Monday.

Good luck Town we are all behind you including us sitting at home!!!!!

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Just read again the report on on last game with "Chats" as the League reporter calls them. Not a word about the " whistle" controversy!!!!???

Anyway it's all now water under the bridge. But it still leaves a nasty taste in ones mouth. Especially after reading the Horsham supporters post as to how they were treated.