Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fat Jeff jumps off Canvey - many acres reclaimed??

jl

Someone has made a post on the Isthmian fans site that Fat Jeff is set to ditch Canvey at the end of the season and join up with Southend United, citing Canvey's pathetic support as one of the main reasons.

Apparantly an announcement is due at Southend this week...

I would have believed that until the comment about joining Southend came into play.

Well done on yesterday's result. Who do you want in the next round then?

I wouldnt be surprised if he was getting annoyed about the lack of support, i mean what else do they need to do to draw a decent crowd, but there's no way he'll leave for Southend will he.

Whats the situation with their new ground? maybe that will make up his mind for him.

Well in regard to he will walk away as they arent exactly setting the world alight in the conf didnt they get relegated 1 year but he didnt leave then. But id love it if he left as they go back to where they were they fukcing belong and deserve to be the ESL. On a more serious note though if new ground dont go through he may walk away as I know a limited amount of local planning law from A-level geography and I would severely doubt more could be down with Park Lane as it is in a highly residental area access problems etc and if they cant get a new ground then wont get into the football league so why bother. Having said that about their ground new lodge isnt exactly the mecca of football and probably wont even ever get a conference ground grading but thats for another day

From tonights Echo

King Link To Blues Quashed

Southend United`s deputy chairman Geoffrey King today quashed rumours linking Canvey Island boss Jeff King to Roots Hall.

Rumours had suggested the Gulls chief was interested in investing in the Shrimpers, who he looked at buying in the late 90`s.

But both parties have moved quickly to deny the link.

"There is no truth in the rumour as regards Jeff King`s investment in SUFC," said Geoffrey King.

"No discussions have been held or are intended to be held"

And the Canvey boss also insited he was not looking to leave Park Lane.

"It`s ridicuolus," he said. "I have no comment to make on this."

Quote:
They must had been short on West ham articles.
Makes a change for the echo to write something about a team from essex

Wonder of wonders they're sending a reporter to Saturday's game... and it's not Dick Marshall! Chris Phillips who normally covers Southend is coming down so there should be a decent write up done...

All is revealed!!:

excellent prank

richard mann Tue Nov 30 18:24:48

User: guest

Views: 23

have you f#ckers seen tonights evening echo,thats right i refer to the story about southend denying that they are to be bought out by canveys jeff king.YOU F#CKING IDIOTS,MARTIN JENKINS WHO POSTED THE RUMOUR ON SUNDAY IS ME,I USED MY POWERS OF DISGUISE TO FOOL YOU CRETINS AND YOU FELL FOR THE OLDEST TRICK IN THE BOOK.now the echo has picked up on the rumour,how gullible are you morons?

p.s. - in reply to excellent prank [top of thread]

richard mann Tue Nov 30 18:41:25

User: guest

Views: 13

the 'icing on the cake' is that 'joke' local journalist dick marshall reports on the 'story',BOYCOTT THE EVENING ECHO!!anyway im going now to make a few crank phonecalls,so long suckers!!!

The above was taken from the Isthmian Fans forum. Fecking quality!!