Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Todays game Eastbourne...

EUFC FAN

Quote:
What are you on about? Moussa had a good game until he was subbed.

Moussa only has one strength, his pace. Several times in the first half he had the chance to kick the ball behind his marker and outrun him and he didn't try it.
If he won't run behind the defence then we would be better off with Protheroe playing wide on the right, at least the service to Roy might improve.

Yeah, point taken, Moussa should have had a few runs in the first half. You've gotta agree the old hit it and hope tactic from Proths didin't help him though.

Same in the second half. A couple of times he went right to the byline, when he should have skinned the defenders. Not a good performance overall, although not for the want of trying. Perhaps that's why he was subbed. Fordy thought three up front might have made a difference.

Quote:
Best chance of the match fell to Drury after his mazy run through the middle. Should have had a bit more power behind the shot, if he had, he may have caused the keeper more of a problem.

Actually what he should have done was pass it to the completely unmarked Sidibe standing 10 yards from goal with no defender anywhere near him.

Even he couldn't have missed. Could he?

Eastbournes centre backs were quite lacking in height, to take Essandoh off and play 2 smaller forwards would have been madness.

Moussa was poor until the last 10 minutes before coming off. His first touch really seems to be letting him down of late.

Although Wilko did make a couple of good saves and his kicking from backpasses was poor, my biggest concern was his lack of speed off the line, and his lack of ability to come for crosses. At the moment I think Pullen is miles better.

Quote:
although some people behind the goal wanted to see Drury taken off.....

Yes, one of the boo-boys then went on to say 'how is Jay MOTM?' after it was read out on the tannoy. I didn't hear them suggesting anyone better.

Thats my main concern for tonights game, the fact that Pullen is cup tied. I still would have taken Roy off in the last 10 though, because both Manny and Pinno have pace on the ball, and perhaps a few mazy runs woul have upset the defence a bit more than the long ball play towards Roy. Just a thought. Moussa didn't have a bad game, I don't think anyway.

Read in the Kent Mesenger that Macca had to leave the field of play because of a COLD and that we could potentially be without him tonight as well. Any one know anything more?

He might have other things on his mind too, Ben Surey can just play instead if Macca isn't 100%, hopefully Skins will return too after recovering from being beaten up at Leigh by some "tackles".

The 2 new scholars should hopefully be available tonight as well.

Have we actually signed a goalie from Brentford? I was just going by what was said on here. If so, what's his name?

I went on the Brentford site to have a look, and seeing as their players are in number order, I clicked on the Number 13. (In hindsight, I suppose it was asking a bit much for them to give us their second goalie.)

http://www.brentfordfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad/PlayerProfiles/0,,10421~30552,00.html

Have to admit, I didn't think "George Bates" sounded like a very popular modern name.

So...who is it?