Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

HORNCHURCH

Good news for The Iron, Gazza, and bad news for the rest in the Ryman, I fear.

According to their web-site, Outline Planning Permission has been granted for some form of residential development on an acre of their land. [unlikely to be the green bit, but you never know with their Chairman.]

It should fund their push for Conference football according to whoever writes the stuff on there.

I wouldn't concede the title race just yet, however.

Gazza says.

"what I remember of the ground, there isn't that much space....where they gonna put 'em?"

One acre of the six owned by the club will be developed on.

The fenced in area of the stadium is a fraction of the land there. In fact theres a full pitch (or was)on the land beyond the fence behind the main stand.

Quote:
Andy g said:
No mate ,Bomber's a touch better looking than me.
Why...... gotta problem.

It's a nibble? I thought Bomber and IW were the same person...or is it Bomber and Mark Flag....or are Andy G and IW the same person...

Can't tell with these Braintree types....Mr. Harding likes to take on manty personalities

Hi Gazza.

You know that I have some kind of ASBO from the Iron message board? Well Andy g has put up a message illuminating a sub-plot from last night's 'Mike Bassett' episode and, forgetting where I was for a moment, I responded. It wont last long so I thought that I would reproduce it here:

Andy g said:

"Just been watching the 2nd episode of Mike Bassett on ITV, much better than the film.

A classic tonight he signed a player on loan from Ajax who couldn't speak a word of english thinking he was a striker, halfway through the 1st half gets him warmed up and then tells him to go on and do what he done for Ajax.

So he did, he ran straight into the penelty area and caught the ball and gave away a penalty.

You see his position at Ajax was a goalkeeper."

Great T.V .

I replied:

"A goalkeeper, was he?

I saw the programme but didn't get that gag at the time. Thanks for that, Andy g."

Fair play to Andy for that one. A goalkeeper. Caught the ball. Came on as sub. Gave away a penalty. Geddit? Subtle.

Hi Gazza.

Yes, I thought so. My response to Andy g on The Iron board has been censored by Goebbels. Clearly of an abusive or racist nature, although I can't see it myself.

I'm not as affronted as I was when one offering my sympathies to Mark (Flag) Braintree was removed, but there we are.

Pr!ck.

In the dark days leading to the suspension from the League and the brink of extiction of The Mighty Saints, Gazza, there were one or two moments of light relief.

I remember some sketches were produced of a new stand for presentation at a Fans' Forum. [A new stand, I hear you cry. But what about the players wages? Sigh. Yes Gazza. Those were strange times.]

Anyway. One wag went on the message board at the time with a copy of an internal memo from the then Chairman to the remaining members of the so-called board. It referred to the printing of a life size photograph of the artist's impression of the new stand to be prepared for the following Saturday's match, to be stapled to the front of the existing stand. A hole was to be cut in the picture around the tunnel to allow the players access to the pitch from the dressing rooms.

The Officials were instructed not to try to sit in it.

Someone suggested that it should include a pile of sand at one end of the stand but someone else said that the then officials wouldn't be able to resist sticking their heads in it.

A couple of moments of light relief in dark times, as I said.