Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

HORNCHURCH

No I'm definately NOT the previous tannoy man !

& I'm not criticising Bomber for being loyal to his club. If you read previous posts I don't think he was instructed to announce sendings off, he just mis interpreted what he was asked. As for his education I'll leave you to read the Braintree forum and his battles with Gazza, as he puts it much better than I can !!

Now lets get back to B'tree vs AFF, much more interesting.....

Judge some pretty harsh words there mate.You seem to know a lot about our club (or think you do)so i take it your a regular at Cressing Rd, what is your problem the team are doing ok ,the development plans for the 1st stage have apparently been passed ,the future looks exciting for everybody concerned, so why come on here and knock the club and in particular our Chairman and his board of directors.

There is a good feeling around our club and no disrespect to our previous Chairman a fresh ambition to see Braintree Town playing at the highest level possible (whatever that may be).

As i said earlier i get the feeling your a regular at Braintree games so you'll know who Andy G is ,so why not drop The Judge bit and post under your name and have the courage of your convictions.

Absolutely classic exchange there, Gazza.

'Judge' comes on and explains that the P.A. man is new to the job and probably not properly briefed. That's fair enough. Subject closed.

In two sentences, Judge refers to 'worrying times at Cressing Road', he suggests that 'many people have been taken in by the Chairman', and that there are 'unanswered questions with the building development'.

Andy considers that 'harsh'. Rather than responding to any point, he challenges Judge for actually raising any area of concern and there is the suggestion of disloyalty to the Chairman and therefore the Club. Classic stuff in a couple of exchanges. And still they can't see it.

It needs a few more people to ask perfectly reasonable questions to limit the opportunity for a repetition of what happened at The Mighty Saints. Mind you, that wont be straightforward:

Judge:"How did the F.A. Inspection go, Buzz?"

Buzz: "We passed with flying colours, Judge."

Judge: "Great!".

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gazza.

I wonder if you have seen an interesting piece in 'The Times' concerning George Borg which has been reproduced on the Iron web-site. [it's not clear whether it's the Witham Times, by the way.] There's an interview with the chap and a number of quotes concerning matters many and various.

In particular, he declares that he doesn't have a contract at Cressing Road and it says that he may take a full-time post coaching youngsters in the USA for 12 months nesxt Summer. [i can't believe that the Iron will fly him back from the States twice a week to manage the side after their most unfortunate experience with Graham Roberts]. There is reference to his 'bitterness' about the lack of recognition for coaches who aren't in the big time, although the Mighty Iron are pretty big, of course.

Sounds to me as though he might be available.

It's probably just paper talk. What does the Times know about anything?