Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

HORNCHURCH

Gazza, you did state above: “so the brewery are the vandals?” so you will understand my eagerness to clear up your error.

Going back to the vandalism briefly, I have to say that the cost of it was substantial but, as I said above, I think we’ll be OK. Thank you for your continued concern in our club.

As to your interest in obtaining finance from brewers - much as it pains me, I have to agree with our septuagenarian estate agent friend. I too can not see how any club could fund the playing budget on that basis.

While that source of funding would never be considered at Braintree, I just wonder who else in Essex could be in need of such a large loan?

That said, I suppose the funds could be used for a 'one-off' hostile take-over.

Although he’s not in God’s fair county, I'll forewarn a friend of mine who used to drive my red tractor - just in case secret meetings are taking place!

Interesting comment TC, which I shall digest. Oh, and I'll come back to you about the cigarettes.

While we are talking about club's needing some additional finance, I noticed the following contribution on the St. Albans forum:

Sponsor of beer said: “Pots and kettles, methinks. I doubt whether your major benefactor would be too happy for you to be dissing the Revenue at the moment!”

I wonder what it could mean?

I'm not sure that I was ever with you on the vandalism thing, Gazza, but then we don't get the Essex Chronicle over here. What was it about?

Where did the 'substantial damage' reference come from? Mind you, the insurance monies will be put to good use, no doubt. To remedy the 'substantial damage', I mean.

I hope that the policy comes with no claims discount protection.

Alas TC, my recollections of Stalebuns beer is dimmed with the passing of the years. In my day, it was good gear, but I'm told on very good authority that the quality these days is, er ..., at best, variable. Local folk seem to prefer to drink in the Crown (a local boozer) it would appear.

Much as I enjoy locking banterial (is there such a word?) horns with your Hon. Supporters Club Chairman, I’m the last to suggest that he was in anyway involved with our recent spate of vandalism (it would appear that young Gazza can spell and the grafitist couldn’t!).

No my friend, I think you’ve lost your way on this thread. It appears to now revolve around brewery loans, septuagenarian estate agents and suggested problems with our friends at HM Revenue & Customs.

Oh and good luck tonight and thank you for your recent wise words about security companies.

No TC. Just to be clear, when I used the expression "I'm not with you on the vandalism thing", I did not mean "I didn't accompany you on the ....", I mean't "I don't undertand the vandalism thing..."

Apologies for any confusion.

So. 'Substantial damage' was caused then? From your post, TC, a van was pushed over, it would seem. What else?

Have the insurance company dealt with the claim, which itself would have been 'substantial' in the light of the 'substantial' damage, presumably?

Quote:
AFF said:
No TC. Just to be clear, when I used the expression "I'm not with you on the vandalism thing", I did not mean "I didn't accompany you on the ....", I mean't "I don't undertand the vandalism thing..."

Apologies for any confusion.

So. 'Substantial damage' was caused then? From your post, TC, a van was pushed over, it would seem. What else?

Have the insurance company dealt with the claim, which itself would have been 'substantial' in the light of the 'substantial' damage, presumably?

I neither know nor care. Hasn't it been nice weather today?

IW
Inland Revenue...your friends maybe, certainly not mine...although jl's okay when out of his uniform.

Hi Gazza.

Hmmnn.

The reference to an insurance claim in respect of the 'substantial damage' caused by vandalism at Cressing Road and the rumour that a club in Essex is using a brewery loan of £122,000 from last season to meet its playing budget has touched a nerve in, shall we say, certain quarters, Gazza.

In addition, someone has been on the Isthmian forum referring to a planning proposal that has met with resistance from the local Planning Authority, but no further details were given.

Phew!

Nothing for the ordinary fan of Non League football to be concerned with, no doubt.

Gazza!!

I've just had a quick look at the Iron web-site thingy. A little slow and cumbersome, with pop-ups but I got there in the end.

There's a press release relating to the vandalism. "..thousands of pounds". That's probably twenty or thirty, I'd bet. To the 'Lounge bar'.

Now that's not funny.

It must have been closed for weeks. The preparation of a Specification of Works. Out to tender for competitive quotations from local contractors. Claim forms. Loss adjustors. I bet Insurance Companies don't respond very quickly. Has the work been completed yet, do you know? Loss of profits, too, no doubt. Dreadful.

I seem to remember that they had working parties of fans decorating and such-like through the Summer, as many clubs do. Heartbreaking for those guys.

And their mini-bus was damaged. All 4 tyres slashed. [That rings a vague bell from another time and place.] And they came back again a day or so later and rolled the thing off the bricks.

Swine.

I don't suppose they've caught anyone. Just another statistic, no doubt.

Hi Gazza.

Are you having any trouble making postings on the Braintree Town message board?

I posted a brief comment on there this morning wishing Mark (Flag) Braintree well and it has disappeared. Perhaps I've been banned. I wish Ian_W would let me know.

Remarkable match report on their game against Leyton by your mate Bomber. I wish I could write like that.

Oh bomber?..lovely chap...certainly his use of the English language makes Come on 'Ricky's musings as important a read as Shakespeare.

I don't think they can ban you. I certainly can't on this forum (and don't really have a reason to ban anyone), you have to go through the web miester to ask...

But they do like to change posts, delete posts, even change posts to the extent that you appear to agree with them....well, they used to.

Actually, IW hasn't banned me and doesn't try to change my posts this season but it's early days...

Maybe IW saw your name and took it off...he does like to roll the playing field flat in his favour sometimes...errr flat? Well you know what I mean...