Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pat Sappleton

Personally I'd agree that Macca and Trott would be the best two centre backs, and if we sign Tarkan, theres no starting place for Pat.

So why not try and flog him and use the money to bulster our midfield?

Not too sure why we'd get rid of Pat and not Dobson, but I guess Pat must be on higher wages and would cost more.

Anyway Pats still at the club, for the time being...

Pat has been a tremendous player for us, I’ve forgotten the number of times he’s been my Man of the Match and IMO the Trotty Pat Partnership last season, was the best in our League.

But things change, players move on, and If he goes I wish him well. I think a new challenge

will benefit Pat, and some new blood will benefit us.

Billericay Town FC, Justin and Matt, aim for continuous improvement. That doesn’t mean we should expect to win every game, or every League we’re in. It does mean however, that things will be changed when needed.

I think you all agree that changes had/have to be made if we are to progress.

Who we think should stay or go is of course a matter of opinion.

But as I am the best terrace manager that ever lived I reckon we should Put Champions- Elect in Goal, bring in Peter Foster as psychology coach and bring back the kick in.

im mystified - pat gave everything to the cause, never shirked a challenge, never went 'missing' during games. he was always one player you could depend on to deliver without exception. Such players are a rarity in non-league football. But it appears that such players aren't needed to move forward!!!??? - i suggest there are other reasons than the one(s) put forward by TC which seem a little thin on the ground.

But Tarks can play midfield which would then leave Pat and Trotty as centre backs and in any case we don't even know for sure that Tarks will sign and even if he does, we have so many injuries at present that we are struggling for midfield players. In any case Pat is quality and to lose him is gonna be a grave error I feel. Surely he has requested to leave, I simply cannot believe that Justin would have wanted him to go!

I don't understand why we would want to let him go. Pat is the biggest threat at corners and would have scored twice on Saturday if it wasn't for Paul Nicholls. Unless he wants to leave surely we should keep him to play at the back with Trotty with Macca and Danny K/Henty at full backs. Besides, which defender has a chant from the fans.