Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Danny Hockton

I'm shocked to see Hockers leave! But I have to admit that he hasn't been in top form after the injury.

But Margate??? Why leave for a lesser team? That I can't figure out, except from that is probably has to do with money, I'll guess.

I've been following Billericay Town since 1997, and Matt is the fourth manager in the club ihis period.

After reading the news last week about JE leaving, I expected a player "exodus" from New Lodge, but so far, only Hockers has left.

When Kendall left he took with him several players and the training staff, and when Calder came, he took with him players and coaches as he did when he left too.

But this time, things looks a bit more calmer, and I think that's very positive for the club.

BTW, TC: Could you congratulate and give Matt the best wishes from the norwegian supporters club?

Per-Helge

Of course I will Per-Helg...see you soon

Paul;

Yes I was referring to your "since when has Loyalty been applicable in football"

First can I make it clear again, these comments have nothing to do with Danny H, he wanted to go, he believes it is the right move for him, and we got a fee. So we are all happy. Oh, and it has nowt to do with Justin either. It was just that your loyalty line got me thinking.

Right… I think the level of loyalty given is dependant on the individual and has nothing to do with football. Some people are Loyal, some are not, and the degrees of what are thought to be loyal, again, it depends on the individual.

As for the broken Leg scenario, if the injury happened during training or a game, then I pay no questions.

Whether the player stays or goes after recovery is a matter for the player (assuming we still want him) and his view on loyalty.

Performance and Loyalty are completly different but often confused, I view paid players as employees, and an employee is expected to perform their job/duties to the best of their ability, regardless of what that job is. (IF they don’t like their pay, boss or conditions, then they should leave.)

EG. A paper boy is expected by his employer and the customer to deliver the correct paper to the correct house, undamaged, and within a certain timescale. So footballers have the same kind of expectations by both employer and customer. (and remember we all have a bad day at work sometimes)

As an employer, the best employees are the most Loyal, and of course the best employer will be the most loyal.

Its ok changing your job for the rainbow pot, but more often than not, in this scenario, neither employer or employee are the most loyal and it quite often ends in tears.

So there you go Paul, that’s my view.

Danny is supposed to be a friend of Bertie Brayley.Bertie likes what he is seeing here so advised Danny to join too.. Things will improve drastically from next season & with both of these coming here it will hopefully have a knock-on effect to getting further players of that calibre.WE havent mountains of cash to spend so dont think that its all to do with cash.This club wont go the way they did before.

Quote:
NorwayBTFC said:

When Kendall left he took with him several players and the training staff, and when Calder came, he took with him players and coaches as he did when he left too.
Per-Helge

It has been brought to my attention that the description I used is not correct. I just wrote this by memory, but it's not exactly as it happened.

Actually, when Kendall left, the players and coaches stayed, but Calder took with him a bunch of staff and players. And then, after and during his reign, a lot of players moved.

When talking about lojality, Gary Henty stands out as a shining example. He really have to love this little club! Henty also had a long break from football after an injury, but came back and is still here.

In fact, he is the only player left from those who played for the club when I started to follow Billericay.

Simon, how many games has he played for us now?

Per-Helge