Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FT: Billericay 1 Staines 1

finisterre

Very frustrating.... we have totally dominated the possession, without really creating all that many chances. Blatant penalty turned down 1st half when Leon was hauled back, ref miles behind play and didn't see it. 2nd half Leon has given us the lead, but we've not killed the game off and a long throw into the area has given them the chance to grab an equaliser with what was their only attempt on goal.

Nathan got a kick on the leg, but should be ok for next week... Danny K was also limping in the club house after the game, hopefully not too serious.

2 debutants today - Tom Beech came on for Nathan - initally looked a little rusty but I thought he got more into it as the game wore on, and was involved in the move that led to our goal. Joe Flack is a striker we've signed from Stevenage, looked quite quick after he came on for Tom Poole.

Don;t know what the Staines manager has done to them, but they weren't half as good as when we played them at the start of the season... makes it all the more disappointing we haven't beaten them again!

When we played Staines early in the season, they were a good outfit and one that were certainly a tip for the top. Okay they are above us in the league but the question on yesterdays performance is"how"? Yesterday they looked like the usual Ryman "filth" that we come up against.

I though Billericay played well...another game where we dominated but the final ball let us down. We do all the hard work and then stutter over the final cross or delivery. Still we did deserve to win the game. Leon's goal happened so fast that all I saw was the ball bluging the net. Of the two new players, I thought that Joe Flack looked good. Tom Beech I think needs a couple of games to settle.

On the brighter side, quite a few draws in the league so yesterdays result hasn't hurt us too badly.

So its Staines that now joins the long list of clubs to be on the recieving end of Gaz's insults I QUOTE "Yesterday they looked like the usual Ryman "filth" that we come up against UNQUOTE". Next I expect you'll be protesting its just a bit of humorous but harmless banter.

Gotta say that goal from Staines was a killer. Totally undeserved. Credit to the players though, they've worked and battled hard against a negative looking Staines side. We've ended the game with Warren Ryan at left back and two debut boys up front of which Flack looked pretty lively. IMHO, we're still in with a shout of a play-off spot, we now need a few wins on the bounce but with a couple of good additions to the squad, I reckon we're more than capable of doing so.

Matts fourth game at the helm and its another point gained, 8 points from four games is good stuff, and if we can maintain a two points per game ratio from now on, I will, and I’m sure all the Billericay fans (Including Tash) will be very pleased.

Staines managed, by the skin of their teeth, to maintain their record of scoring in every away game this season, and to date they have lost just one game on the road.

Although everyone was disappointed with yesterdays result, it was imo a good performance, Staines did not have one attack on our goal, we scored, and pressed to the point of domination, but fortune favoured Staines, our turn will come.

Our season as a whole has been good defensively, we have conceded fewer goals than the second placed club, and lost the same number of games as the second placed Club.

It’s our goals for column that has let us down, although our injury problems a while back clearly contributed to the lack of Goals, we still should have done better.

Matt has recognised our problem and reacted both swiftly and positively, he's signed two new strikers and they will add a new dimension to our game. From what I’ve seen so far, we now have forwards who all offer something different.

Lets hope they soon have one thing in common though…goals.

If we can play at least as well as we have in the last four games, we’ll be too strong for Heybridge.

I was once described as being like a bull in a china shop. I didn't take it personally I've never been bovine. Well Gazz unlike you I can recognise a figure of speech when one is used. Get over it I'm quite certain you've never messed around with kids, so there you are I hope I've placated your sensitive inner self :0)

Gazz, as Oz said, its just a figure of speech, probably everyday language to them down-under folk, and used by politicians, teachers, mothers and the like.

Likening someone to a paedophile....nowt wrong with that according to Oz...your just toooo sensitive.

But I tell you what, if someone said to me, 'your like a bull in a china shop' well, I’d want them strung up and lashed.

Oz...your making a complete fool of yourself…why don’t you do it properly, and make a public apology. ?

Ya know, you're right TC...I'm just a sensitive soul.

Of course likenening me to a paedophile is just like likening me to a bull in a china shop...

Silly me.... Must get a thicker skin...

By the way...public apology? Oz? Hell will freeze over before that one will apologise for anything.

Ok TC I'll apologise to Gazza for having suggested (a year or so back) that him being a moderator of this forum was akin to a paedophile being left in charge of the girls changing rooms. I apologise because I didn't realise you fellas would read that as me suggesting that Gazza IS a paedophile, it was never my intention to portray Gary as a child molester in any shape or form. I'm sorry Gary for any hurt caused.

I will now return to my posting, the thrust of which has been so neatly diverted, I wonder if Gary will now apologise to Staines and the rest of the Ryman league clubs for calling them filth?

TC as chairman of Billericay Town FC are you comfortable with a prominent supporter of the club carrying on in the manner Gary does by describing rival clubs as being the usual Ryman filth"?

In terms of possession you couldnt fault the lads but again we never worked their keeper. One thing that was poor was our delivery from set pieces and in particular corners. You MUST beat the first defender on the near post. I think we managed to get one into the box. I reckon Gamo could deliver a decent ball in so let him have a go.

I thought Kerrer's had a very strong first half and I thought Warren imposed himself better which was even more obvious when he moved to left back as we looked to be struggling in midfield after that.

I thought he ref had a shocker. Twice his lino called him over and they took about 2=3 minutes discussing something that then resulted in no action being taken, so what was the point?

For me this was like the Walton game where i would have settled for a point before hand but then having seen the way we dominated possession I felt we sould have done enough for the win but at TC said its the goals for that is the issue.

Quote:
[b Ozbrit asks

TC as chairman of Billericay Town FC are you comfortable with a prominent supporter of the club carrying on in the manner Gary does by describing rival clubs as being the usual Ryman filth"?

Question 1. Yes I am happy with the manner in which Gary "carries on around our club"

Question 2. I was not happy with the word used by Gary to describe Ryman Clubs.

It was however, his own choice of words, and did not represent anyone other than Gary Clark.

How the hell does he have the audacity to comment about the way I carry on around the club.

I present myself in a professional and friendly manner around the club and if anyone asks a question or has a problem, I am only to willing to help...be it a 'Ricay supporter or an Oppo supporter.

And who is he to extract any kind of comment from TC? Apologies to TC for the grief this man extracts. In future I'll submit my reports and posts to Oz for his clearance? This from someone who has been caught red handed impresonating 'Ricay supporters and insulting other clubs!!! Double standards? Yes, too right!!!

As for the word "filth"...how about rubbish? Because compared to the team we met earlier this season, they were...