Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A deflection on last night

Bionic II

And of course the first goal was, but with a fella like Billy Drake tearing into them a well earned one at that. A similar case for the second, the third made and scored by a very well deserved MOM DC, well done.

Very important to keep the momentum going on what was surely the best pitch our lads have played on for ages. Their professionalism in not taking the foot off the pedal was very commendable.

The attendance of 400+ for a night match absolutely excellent and of course the celebrations carried on after.

A mention for my ol mate Deano and the Bowers lads who came to play football and were very courteous in defeat. But it was our day and I for one can't wait for the picis in the papers at the weekend, you really had to be there, just like Saturday, to experience the Urchin phenomenum that is taking everyone over.

Now let's turn our attention to the League Cup and the Boro.

Well done to all

Good call Bio, thought we started a little slowly, with the exception of Billy D who was in amongst it from the first whistle and deservedly had a hand in both opening goals.

Bowers deserve plenty of credit as they played a nice style of football and with a bit of extra support their number 7 could have been a real handful, but as ever, by the second half we were all over them and it was a question of how many we would win by rather than if. Star players for me Danny C, Tiffs, Kingy who was fantastic at the back and it was great to see Danny H back in the fray finding his touch again.

The presentation at the end said it all, you could see the pride the players have in this club and for 400 of us to be there on a rainy night was fantastic.

Now let's get a few more out there on Saturday for this biggie against Romford.

Bring it on.

Agreed, some of the shooting was reminiscent of players wearing Charlie Carole's boots for a laff and their defense would not have competed with Brian Jacks on superstars, but they seemed a decent bunch and there was no way their keeper could have held that shot of DC's, Jonny Metgod would have been proud of that one.

also, last season, we had the jamie southon divot by the eastside.

perhaps the clubhouse end requires the 'keepers to wear toblerone boots?

at least colliers 'clearance' went out for a corner. 'mine was far more entertaining' as he said last night...

It was a classic, maybe they'd started the dressing up for last game of the season a little early, but only with footwear?

Dissapointed with the lack of megacone provision at the Bridge, you can hardly bait the keeper from that distance without one. Anyone remember those Wabbey fans with their megaphone, trying to make up for their lack of support.

Yeah, good to see a crowd of 400 on a Tuseday night. I think we were getting in the late 100's to 240's at the start of the season on a Saturday night. Lets hope we can cram 800 in for the cup.

I also think the first two goals are perfect examples of why Billy Drake deserves to start every week. Fantastic game he had. Also, Tiffers should have had 3 at least. Well played all.