Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

new manager

chels - WEFC

MOTM v Sutton  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

• P Nicholls
    • A Lacey
    • C Robinson
    • K Millington
    • D Young
    • J Haverson
    • J Keister
    • W Wilson
    • J Healy
    • L Blackman
    • S West
    • S Cliff
    • L Smith

Statistics can show anything though Decorum. In my view that shows that DG was actually a very successful manager for WEFC. Not that I care.

Don't seem bad considering where we are now,there will always be for's and against with Dennis because of the character he is, but his Windsor record is good. the other clubs are hard to comment on as we don't no the circumstances, Decorum, some interesting points I take it you did not go to Vaxhall Motors or experience what seems like a light year ago the 30 odd games we were unbeaten on our way to promotion, how I would like those times back.? If that means bringing the ego back so be it.

I wanted to respond to DECORUM's post. very articulate. Good points raised etc etc.

WEFC will always be a stepping stone for any ambitious young manager. We are not a big club, DG thought it was time to progess and therefore left. If he comes back he may well rebuild (if that's the right term) his managerial career and leave three years down the line for a bigger club. Thats the way it works.

I suspect we'll be in a better state at that time.

If we get a fledgling manager in (Colonel Scott for example), he'll do things his way, build a team and guess what, two maybe three years time he'll move onto a bigger club.

As for stats, we can all manipulate those. DG had the luxury of experimenting when he took over, coz there was no relegation. A lot of defeats came in that initial half season.

As for being disrespectful talking about a vacancy that isnt there..well, we could be a lot worse. I'm certain managers elsewhere would have suffered more disrespect than one or two postings on a website 8 months into an awful season?

well the local press confirms that DG is working voluntary with DC in a scouting capacity,pity it wasnt posted on the message board or news page before the local press informed, door is now ajar and DG has his foot in it, couple more bad results and he could walk in, even allowing for the Chaimans comments.

If hes scouting let him start with the reserves,then some local clubs,if hes not impressed go further afield but DG wanted a reserve side of local talent untill 12 french players arrived then 14 Morrocans. AT least he can untilise the reserve team management to push talented ones for next years 1st squad. Good luck to anyone that takes over hes going to need it with the squad he inherits.

I'm sure i was told he was scouting for us a few weeks ago! It's old news i think!

We also have him to 'thank' for the two newer players. one was alright but he got injured! Doh!

I voted other.

I just want someone new that has not been involved with the club and start a fresh next season.

Lets face it we are going to have to start a fresh next season anyway.

dave mudge??got to be worth a look hasn't he? 1st round of the fa cup.local manager, lives in windsor, could be an advantage having a windsorian in charge of a windsor club!

I'm not sure what the appeal would be for Mudge to leave a team where he is already doing a very good job and taking one at a club that appear destined to play at the same level next season.

Mind you, DC is still manager and I think that needs to be re-stated

Why not give the reserve team management a try for the start of next season. DC should lead us till the end of the present campain as we all know that we are already down. As for DG he should never be aloud to manage at windsor again after he walked out on us last time.

I totally agree with you BFR. It's just we are so frustrated now. It's got to the point where we need something (Not just saying change manager) to make the end of the season a bit more intresting for the supporters. Play the reserve team (look what happened last year when we played the reserves!!!) anything to give us something good or different to talk about.

I have to say I am amazed that it has taken this long to get agitated. Given the budget you have and the players you have brought in - I think mid-table was expected. Personally, if I were the chairman I would have got rid of DC in October. You started the season with a run of very winable games and ballsed it up. The writing was on the wall then.

Quote:
Anonymous said:
Can someone confirm if Greene is back in any capacity, because if he is, I am staying away tomorrow.

That wasn't me. I got accused of being this person but i just stayed away as i refuse to pay £8 to watch football at the same skill level as the stuff i can watch for free on the Old Windsor Rec.