Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gibbo's Statement

GHA EFM

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>

I am not in a position to make any further comment until I have spoken to some people who were in the crowd and who will I know, give me a genuine and unbiased appraisal.

<hr></blockquote>

Name one person that doesn't have an opinion on EFM that will bias any case.

My immediate thought to date is that, whilst there was a significant amount of foul language being generated

<hr></blockquote>

Where was that then? How does Mr. Gibson know that there was a significant amount of foul language if he was in the stand on the other side of the pitch?

What was loud webbo? Did you hear any swearing? Swearing loud enough to be heard on the other side of the pitch? Did anyone? It was a football match, there was some noise going on, so I would guess any swearing would've been drowned out before it reached the front row of our stand.

Interesting final comment as well.

Perhaps if we put this incident down to over zealous stewards but in turn, we do not give the people concerned some sort of hero status, then just perhaps on this occassion we could let sleeping dogs lie.

<hr></blockquote>

Brushing what under the where?

What hasn't been mentioned is the fact that some of these cretins were stopped by a van-load of police in a shopping area near the ground some 80 minutes before kick-off and were warned in no uncertain terms as to the consequences of their demented behaviour. They were left shaking in their boots with fright but obviously their mental retention span is extremely short.

cretins

<hr></blockquote>

demented behaviour

<hr></blockquote>

<hr></blockquote>mental retention span is extremely short.

<hr></blockquote>

Interesting comments. Hopefully Mr. Gibson won't ask you for any unbiased comments. Demented behaviour? Cretins? That would be at least 200 of us then.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Grand High Aviator:</font><hr />

What was loud webbo? Did you hear any swearing? Swearing loud enough to be heard on the other side of the pitch? Did anyone? It was a football match, there was some noise going on, so I would guess any swearing would've been drowned out before it reached the front row of our stand.

<hr></blockquote>

calm down!

Oh Dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Nothing good is coming out of this.

The only comfort that I take from his Statement is that he is to seek the views of others.

I was one of the first to post a message concerning the ejection of 6 fans under the heading 'Stockport County Stewards'. I immediately asked a Supervisor why they had been ejected. "Using foul and abusive language and inciting the opposition fans" was the answer. Nothing to do with standing up. I offered a view in my message that the Stewards were heavy-handed in my opinion.

Perhaps The Chairman does not think that I "would give a genuine and unbiased appraisal", and if that's the case, I am very disappointed. However, if so, I suggest that he speaks to Leigh Page and David White, two fans who were towards the back of the stand and from whom I would expect absolutely nothing other than "a genuine and unbiased appraisal".

His reference to "significant foul language" being generated presumably refers to the song that starts "Can you hear the Stockport sing". I, too, am uncomfortable with those lyrics as I have said on here before. However, GHA & CZ are right to the extent that it was being sung by scores rather than hundreds.

GHA & Laz were right on another point, too. Loud though it was on Saturday, Webbo wouldn't have heard it in Sandridge.

Alban 43. With the greatest possible respect, what are your views on the announcement in the Queens speech at the State Opening of Parliament that an amendment is to be introduced to the Criminal Justice Act that an accused's past convictions can be introduced by the Prosecution in Court during proceedings? It's not the Law yet, and as I consider it to be an outrageous infringement the laws of natural justice, I hope that it wont be.

I have said on here before that I believe The Chairman to be an honest man who speaks his mind without fear or favour. On this occasion, I had hoped that he would keep his own counsel until he had an opportunity to properly consider the facts. Perhaps those who pressed for an early comment now wish they had not.

That's it.

And by the way if Alban 43 is who I think he is (respected local journo) than I can't recall a game ever where he hasn't been loud or abusive. He tend to target the goalie or anyone over 35 playing in the defence who has been playing Ryman football for years.

As for the shopping area, about 15 of us were singing City songs and we were asked to keep the noise down by the police, which we did!