Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kentish Town Football Club

Quote:
Rhodes said:
Potters Bar Town - Once again I think you are manipulating threads and changing the wording which is below the belt

Exactly where did I change the wording? It was a direct quote from your own post. I think it is you changing your mind as to where the credit lies that is causing the confusion here.

Quote:
Rhodes said:
Strangely enough the great man is mentioned in Gregg's programme notes for tomorrow

Not exactly "strange" when recalling that you have already said that you ghostwrite that column for him. Or is this going to be another case of you trying to deny something that is already in print on here?

Quote:
HTFCew said:
Quote:
Potters Bar Town FC said:
He's already told us, HTFCew. They'll be groundsharing at Ashburton Grove.

Are Arsenal losing their reserve side then?
Er, don't Arsenal Reserves play at Underhill.

Quote:
Rhodes said:
Quote:
HTFCew said:
Quote:
He's already told us, HTFCew. They'll be groundsharing at Ashburton Grove.

Are Arsenal losing their reserve side then?
Er, don't Arsenal Reserves play at Underhill.

Yea they do Rhodes

HTFCew - Don't ask, they were involved in a car pile up on the way down to London and rang me at 1.20 to say three of their cars were damaged and some players were shaken up albeit not injured, they said there was still an outside chance they could make it but it was looking unlikely. I rang Potters Bar and Spidermanor's mate Phil Rolt who kindly said that we could delay the kick off until 4.00 and it was then up to the Referee's discretion however Winslow rang me back at 2.15 to say they couldn't make it and I handed the phone to the Referee who had no option but to postpone the game.

HTFCew - How did you know there was an accident, was it on the news or through SSML circles.

Glad to hear no one was injured from Winslow.

Quote:
Glad to hear no-one was hurt. Divine intervention spared Brimsdown a heavy defeat last week and could well have spared Kentish Town the same fate this week. "It's a funny old game" as Harry Enfield famously said.
I find this a strange post, we were really up for the game today and although I didn't necessarily fancy us to win by a wide margin when I left home I feel that it might well have been double figures had the game gone ahead, Lee Scott was literally foaming at the mouth when he heard the news that he wouldn't be let loose on the Winslow defence particularly as his own fan Club were there to watch. Brimsdown must be rubbing their hands raw tonight as that's two weeks running they have got off the hook, someone up there must like them.

Why did brimsdown get off the hook this week?

I think he means that the trauma of a crash might have adversely affected Winslow had they actually have arrived, and therefore the Bedouins would have dipped their bread in and rattled up a cricket score against the poor traumatised visitors. Had there not been a crash, Rhodes would have fancied his boys to win only by a few!

To answer those two brief questions, Brimsdown would have been a further three points behind us had the game gone ahead with us going there next week on an even bigger high than we will now. Also two of our key players would have served their one match bans today but now they have to miss the Brimsdown clash which hardly seems fair as it was not our fault the game was called off and we are being penalised, I have asked Phil Rolt whether he can possibly re-arrange the Winslow game for next Tuesday but I am not holding out much hope. On the other point I predicted us to win 2-0 today on the prediction thread as Winslow are somewhat of a bogey side however as I say it may well have been double figures had the game gone ahead.

Quote:
Rhodes said:
Also two of our key players would have served their one match bans today but now they have to miss the Brimsdown clash which hardly seems fair as it was not our fault the game was called off and we are being penalised

There is a well-known phrase in football, Rhodes - sh1t happens!

It is tough on the two players concerned but other players have missed FA Cup Finals, Champions League Finals and World Cup Finals through innocuous bookings in the past. Players missing a mickey mouse game in SSML Div 1 is hardly worth mentioning in the same breath.

Quote:
Rhodes said: I have asked Phil Rolt whether he can possibly re-arrange the Winslow game for next Tuesday but I am not holding out much hope.

If there is an advantage to having monthly fixtures (and it is the only advantage I can think of), it is that Phil can reschedule postponed fixtures for a future Saturday so that clubs don't have to travel silly distances in midweek.

If this game was to be rearranged for Tuesday, it would disadvantage two clubs (both Winslow and Brimsdown) in order to benefit one. That's hardly fair, is it?