Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ramsgate v Dover - Westview Draw

Cookie

I know it dosent concern us now but its interesting to see how the draw seems to have ended up.Do they not draw from a "hat" these days in this competition or is the draw purely made by localising as much as possible? Dosent really matter as the crowds should be good & this is a possible reason why this has been done,if indeed it has been done like this.Also it cuts down the travelling expenses too.I'm not saying this IS the way its been done,it just seems that way.The more the local games the more interest I suppose.

Sep 2006

WESTVIEW CUP- THIRD ROUND DRAW

The draw for the Third Round of the Westview Cup has been made as follows:

Slough Town vs. Ashford Town (Middx) (10 miles)

Fleet Town vs. Enfield (58 miles)

Hendon vs. Staines Town (Monday, 2nd October 2006) (25 miles)

Boreham Wood vs. Harlow Town (11 miles)

Leatherhead vs. Worthing (12 miles)

Wingate & Finchley or Burgess Hill Town vs. AFC Wimbledon (If Wingate & Finchley, match to be played Tuesday 10th October) (18 miles)

Metropolitan Police vs. Kingstonian (4 miles)

Horsham vs. Walton Casuals (35 miles)

Leyton vs. Maldon Town (43 miles)

AFC Sudbury vs. Chelmsford City (53 miles)

Heybridge Swifts vs. AFC Hornchurch (31 miles)

Redbridge vs. East Thurrock United (Tuesday 10th October) (7 miles)

Ashford Town vs. Cray Wanderers (53 miles)

Tonbridge Angels vs. Dartford (22 miles)

RAMSGATE V DOVER ATHLETIC (19 miles)

Croydon Athletic vs. Tooting & Mitcham United (4 miles)

Matches are to be played Tuesday, 3rd October 2006 unless indicated

I fail to see your point with that one, RH.

Co-incidental though dont you agree.Still,could be good for both clubs & those others in close proximity.Well at least you will know who you will get the next round if you scrape through. The nearest town to you that makes it into that next round from those shown above.Possibly Ashford,Tonbridge or Dartford then.

Dont forget gate receipts are shared,after expenses.Dont get too carried away now!! l.o.l.

I think he means Tony if it is drawn from the hat the Ryman league must like them as 2 plum home draws! Good luck to them anyway. I personally think it is drawn out of hat but in different local sections Ie Kent, Surrey, Essex, london etc

Possibly! So the winners WILL get any of those I mention in the next round then.

Will be interesting to see or maybe they will do a "proper draw next round".

Either way we aren't involved anymore anyway as we have other more important issues to think about now.

The early rounds of the WV cup are regionalised, which seems prety sensible to me.

At least w will not have both Dover and ramsgate progressing in this cup.It may not hurt now, but it could well hurt about Feb time.

Having said that, is anyone else like me still hurting over Tuesdays defeat

It's perfectly obvious why. The appalling comments of that Welsh tw@ who is allowed to continue posting and not criticised by any of you lot, somne of whom I'm sure are decent types despite your appalling taste in football teams.

I'm not going to let myself get drawn into spats with that piece of scum again so best remain posting only on our forum which is regulated.