Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Reserves v Chatham Town Reserves

BlueGate Alan

Thanks to Joseba/Keiron for obtaining team details last night.

1. Shane Maymead

2. Tony Newman

3. Dan Allen

4. Alan Heath ©

5. Andrew Weatherley

6. Tom Hickman

7. Jamie Stellon

8. Danny Wisker

9. Scott Holden

10.Kenny Pratt

11.Dan Dalton

Subs:

12.Liam Sawford

14.Nick Bagley

15.Dave Cowell

16.Craig Smith

17.Brad Pettman

The reserves came up against a strong looking Chatham side last night at Harstsdown. There was some lovely passing out of defence thro midfield & up to forwards at the beginning of the match and, it was no surprise when Margate took the lead in the 16th minute, when Dan Dalton ran at the defence from the left hand side before putting in a low cross which Kenny Pratt met sweetly to score. The lead, however, was short lived as Danny Wisker, fouled a Chatham player in the 20th minute just outside the penalty area and, from the resulting free kick the ball hit the bar & a Chatham player responded first to the rebound & headed the ball in the net. There was then a period of play where both teams seemed to snuff each other out but towards the end of the half Chatham had a period of pressure when Margate kept giving away free kicks to put undue pressure on themselves. In the second half Margate came out & tried to up the pace but Chatham stood firm against this. Wisker was subbed by Craig Smith in the 60th minute and Holden by Nick Bagley in the 65th. Bagley nearly scored with his first touch but the defender just got his foot in as he was about to shoot. Tom Hickman was very noticeable in midfield trying to gee up the lads and put in one crunching hard tackle which left the Chatham lad wondering what had hit him! However all thid pressure was to no avail and the game finished 1-1. Official Attendance was 52 tho at least another dozen or so from the reserves/youth team who have free passes so all in all a good support yet again.

Thanks Joseba, not quite up to Wellsies and June standards but better then nothing. Yes I agree getting a good atmosphere and I am sure the lads appreciate it.

From the last 2-3 reports, i get the impression that Tom Hickman is one of our better reserve players.

He obviously has the all important Ryman experience at Dover-though did not set the world on fire - but i think he could ' still do a job'if needs be.

Despite his main role being to develop the U18's, i wonder if we will see TH in a first team squad at some point this season

I think we all agree that TH may not set the world on fire as a player-but will in his new found coaching career.

Point was as 'extra cover',he could probably do a temporary job for first team squad in an emergency and that we do now have quite a solid foundation (i hope and think).

I'd be first to agree that to really progress, we need much better firs team quality, but a solid /reliable foundation from the reserve better players all helps

Re signings:-Ken T, was there to sign another player last night. Could have been Dalton?.

Not being well versed in the procedures for signing contracts for football clubs, does anyone know if these guys-likes of Stellon,Bagley, etc are signing for MFC/Ryman and thus can play for MFC in any team be it reserves or first team-or are they already signed for the reserves and effectively are being 'promoted '/rewarded with Ryman/first team contracts as previous posts imply.

My own guess is that you sign one contract for MFC which qualifies you for Ryman if needs be,and that until recently, the rserve players were not registered players as such , but gradually we are assembling a squad to accommodate both first team and reserve players.

Hopefully someone can both understand and answer my post !!!

It restricts them to playing for the Gate only in what ever capacity, cutting out the games they have been playing for there Sunday league sides and, protects them from injuries caused in those games.