Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dolton

Gate Watcher

Deserves to keep his place for Saturday in my opinion. He's really impressed me. Just coming into the side and two good performances in his first two games. Jimmy is a great player but Dolton has the shirt and has done really well. Dolton gives us invention on the left and gets players offbalance (although has faded in the second half a bit). Deserves to start at Gloucester. And I hope he gets a contract if he hasn't already.

Both Jackson & Dalton are important to the team. Jackson can not be faulted other than to say he dosent take on the defence in the same way as Dolton does.This is the difference in their forward play.Jackson does so much more for the team all over the pitch & his headers away are numerous & prove important.I would say Jackson has the best heading ability within the whole squad,apart from Trotty that is. Dolton I have only seen the once last week & he was impressive enough to warrant inclusion again. Nice to see players attack defences one on one.Jackson is equally as important,but for many other reasons & not just for his forward play,his own style of forward play.Its a tricky one as to which gets on the team sheet for Saturday(depending on fitness) but they will both I am sure do their own thing in their own way & will not let the side down. Jackson has proved himself already but Dolton needs to prove he can be consistent. I would personally plump for Dolton because of his desire to take people on but in his absence Jacko would be more than an adequate replacement.

Two good players doing a similar jobs but with two different styles.But both equally as good.

I fully agree with that GW. However if Jacko IS available it wouldnt do any harm to have him playing in midfield just behind Dolton down that left flank.I think they could compliment each other.They would both be included then & it would tighten things up in that area as well as give us the best of both of them down that side.

So are you suggesting that either Pinnock or Hockton are 'dropped' in favour of Dalton and JJ.

You can only play 11 a side !!

Thats a brave one chaps !!

To be fair, when JJ played fullback-think it was the Bromley game-he was superb in that position