Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bromley comments: best in the league?

Chris1

A cracking game of football between two skilful and determined sides. The first half was the best I have seen in non-league for many a long year.

Good passing movements, excitement at both ends, what more can you ask for? Well here’s what, a well deserved victory for the GATE; the icing on the cake.

First half we had most of the play and two superb goals (Hockmeister near post header and a Pinnock volley from about 10 yds), but Bromley had spells of incisive attacking football and were only denied by a mixture of stout defending, off target shooting, and pure luck when the ball rebounded off one post to miss the other by a whisker.

Second half had plenty of excitement, although a few more misplaced passes as tiredness crept in due to the fast pace of the game. A good headed reply from a corner, prolonged Bromley pressure after tactical changes, and then a cracker from McKimm on about 75 to round it off. Charlie gave us his usual scare, but well covered by the defence.

All Margate players outstanding, especially Pat Sap, Proths, Trotty, Smith (up against the excellent Sam Wood), Hocks (who had the beating of Yaku most of the match), in fact just everybody.

The ref was over-officious and card happy, but luckily made sure not to give anyone 2 yellows. Don’t know how many we got; quite a few I think. McKimms was silly, blocking a free kick, but some of the others were just the ref gone mad. He gave a Brom forward a straight red at the end.

Hope Danny Hockton recovers quickly from his groin strain (it looked like).

We were really up for it tonight. Everybody else in the league had better watch out. Make no mistake, we are the best, and other teams know it. As an example of that, the Bromley manager was going on in the programme about ‘hoping to get something from tonight’s game’ or words to that effect… and they were top of the league!

A good programme by the way.

So there you have it. If Trotty can maintain the spirit, and we don’t lose too many to suspension and injury, we should be right up there come May.

I don't think Hockton was too badly injured. He pulled up and held his groin and sensibly went down and when play stopped walked straight off. He walked past us on the way to the treatment room and was walking normally so hopefully just slight strain.

Chris1, I think you sweep up is a fair reflection of the game!

I got a bit concerned when Hockton limped off because Bromley were getting back into it, but so see the 3rd goal go in was magnificent! But I never thought at any stage that we wouldn't win!

I actually think Saturday will be a harder match -we have to watch out for the "Main" man!

Abdullah the Grinning!

Agree with the first line.

Quality game by two quality teams.

I thought McKimms was the best goal,as it was a vital goal,he had alot of time to think about it(panic) but he steadied himself and kept the ball down ;when nerves would have got the better of most;an they would have ballooned the ball over the bar

I thought ref was going to yellow card him again for his celebration and thus get himself sent off.

Yep the ref had his hand on his pocket at that moment and I though McK was going. It would have been time-wasting not over-celebrating.

BTW Michael you might not have seen the Thanet Times, but included in Trotty's interview was a bit about 'not conceding and you will not lose' (or similar).

Methinks he reads this forum!

We both must come from the 'Big Sam Allardyce ' school of learning'(minus alledged brown envelopes of course.)

Think it was him who coined the phrase:

'don't concede the nil'.

You start every game with one point so make sure you finish with at least one, and leave the rest to Danny and Pinns

Ramsgate have just been on KMFM. They seem to think if they can get three good players or so, they will win the league. It looks like a 1pm kick off for the Boxing Day Derby but it needs to be agreed. They admit they arent getting the gates that other teams get but they raise their money elsewhere and are financially secure.

KP is scouting for players at the moment abroad.

Anyone else catch the interview?

Nasty rumour Taffy-Alan. Actually he's in Madrid looking to sign a couple of players who have not yet lived upto the new managers expectations.

One is a striker, though his "REAL" home is in Holland, he can leave home at 12-00pm fly into Manston and be home again for 7-00pm. The other is English, has homes every where, so that won't be a problem. The only excessive cost i can see us incurring with this one is that of transporting his wife's ego, If, she decides to grace us with an audience.

That's the truth.

HONEST.