Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

I love Charlie Mitten...but...

Cookie

Yes,me too Danny. We work in the same industry,have known each other for a few years yet I didnt realise it was you posting until we met again.Its so good to see a face to go with a name..You learn a lot from it sometimes. See you at Tonbridge maybe!

Quote:
Cookie said:
Yes,me too Danny. We work in the same industry,

You mean that after us hard travelling commuters have struggled onto an overcrowded train, beaten off old grannies to get the last seat, found the carriage cold because the driver only heats his cab,someone has been sick on the floor and it has not been cleaned up in a week and when we finally nod off because we are knackered for getting up at 5.30 am to get to work before 9 there are 2 of you buggers waking us up to see our ticket......

Quote:
Joseba said:
Quote:
Cookie said:
As for your post Joseba or is it Abdulla.

No I am me (before he sets his camels to spit at me and, his wives to scratch my eyes out) and, not anyone else.

My error then. Apologies for that being an incorrect thought.

What you have to appreciate, too, is that Charlie spent tons of games sat on the bench while SCS was being a star in goal. Having gained the gloves he equally deserves a good run in the team.

SCS wasn't dropped, he just couldn't play for us! Charlie is the man in posession of the gloves and unless he is very poor, sent-off or injured, then Trotty has a lot of explaining to do if he drops him!

I am so pleased to have both custodians in the team!

Abdullah "drawing a line with my boot through the penaty spot" !

Well I hope Scott is getting a lot of reassuring as he dosent seem to me to be at all happy about things.Am concerned that not getting a start may affect his earlier season,truly great form & his previous good attitude. Or even a want out altogether to get first team football.This keeper is one of the best I have witnessed here for many years & it would be the biggest waste of exciting talent should that ever occur.It could be a possibility! But maybe I am seeing something that isnt there.In which case I apologise to all concerned.Off course the decision is a hard one to make especially bearing in mind Charlies few latest errors.I'm sure Trotty will get it right on Saturday whilst keeping the other happy & acceptable of things.I hope so anyway.

Look,whoever Trotty picks on Saturday is fine by me.If both keepers are strong,reliable when required are patient and acceptable of the situation that is, then thats great.

To me they are both extremely important & vital cogs in this ever growing footballing machine that we are priveleged to be watching now.

Agreed Cookie. The situation we are in is that we are scared that we will lose one of them. Obviously we want them both at MFC. I cant see SCS sitting on the bench for the rest of the season, when other clubs are always looking for top draw keeper (SCS is one). Chaz is also quality and full of experience, however we are ALL guilty of "heart in mouth" sydrome with CM.

My conclusion on this is my keeper would be SCS, harsh on CM but I feel more comfortable with SCS and I think so do our 10 out field players.

Just my oppinion tho.

But Charlie, as I have said before, is not that reliable.

His shot stopping I am happy with.

His punching and dealing with high balls into the area is poor.

His kicking, whilst better than it was, is not great.

His error on the video against Bromley led to their goal.

His error against Harrow also led to their goal.

SCS must be given a chance.

Dave.

Honest, I have really tried to keep out of this debate because I really do not see that it is fair on the two people concerned but I have to give in to my better judgement and put in a bit more than my earlier post.

Some time ago on another thread I did make a point re the squad system and goalkeepers, saying that there will always need to be the two best goalkeepers at the club in the first team squad, forget the reserves, and this is the situation that we are now in.

I note Cookie’s point about reassurance and attitude in respect of SCS but what about Charlie - were any concerns raised about him or more to the point did he make any fuss? I really don’t know but I imagine what has prompted the current concerns are the comments made in the Thanet Times by RT with regard to his feeling pressure from dropped goalkeeper SCS because he wants to play. Charlie had 17 games on the sideline and I haven’t seen any reference to him in that situation. Going back to the time when he lost his place to Phil Smith as far as I can recall Charlie’s attitude was exemplary.

I would be extremely disappointed if SCS allowed the present situation to affect his “previous good attitude” and don’t think that it is really fair on him to indicate that it might. If another club comes in for him that is a matter for him, Margate FC and his contract anyway – everyone changes jobs and the world still carries on doesn’t it?

Look, we don’t want to lose either keeper and whilst I realise that this is a forum I do feel that both should be aware that we support them as Margate players and leave it at that.

Quote:
michaelmichael said:
Abdullah should know the secret of keeping both keepers happy.

Afterall-abdullah has experience of keeping his many wives happy- i don't know how he finds the time to post with all those wives

It is exactly why I find the time to post. When I am with them I can't get a word in edgeways!

Charlie is older & wiser (with respect to both of them).Charlie knows the score & I think that he knows,that a couple of errors could lead to a change in personnel,especially in the goalkeeping department where BOTH keepers are as good as each other.AS you say his attitude has been exemplary.

Yes,this was spurred on by the press article but the thread would never have been started had it not been,purely & simply for Charlies errors.

Whilst he has waited for his chance without a moan of any sort bares out words above that he is more mature in that way(again no disrespect to Scott).

In the same way that outfield players get demoted the same should apply to the keeper.Its very seldom the keeper gets injured or sent off but he can often play badly.Thats human nature to occasionally do that.If after Charlies errors he remains in the team what message does that send to Scott.Charlie will go out there thinking he can make errors & still get picked.This isnt the way to keep them on their toes is it?

With two cracking keepers & with the hard work they sometimes get through little spells in goal with rests in between wouldnt hurt the flow of the team or be a negative for either player.

In usual situations the first team goalkeeper would be allowed more "not so good matches" before being replaced(if at all) because the difference in class from the 1st team keeper & the 2nd choice keeper would be quite substantial. This dosent apply here this season so why not capitalise on this & give BOTH keepers more run outs.They wouldnt be demoted for long periods of time as would normally happen therefore they wouldnt have time to mope,indeed they would be looking forward to getting back out there.

As for attitude I'm probably out of line saying Scott has a problem with all this, maybe the press & I have it wrong & that he is similar to Charlie in that respect.

If Scott got a few games,did the same as Charlie has done recently then I would be all for the situation to be reversed for the same reasons.

I'm just trying to see both keepers happy,& fair play seen to be happening for both of them.

WE are so fortunate this season to have been blessed with two great keepers,both of which have similar ability.Ability that in my mind surpasses that of quite a few keepers in this league.

To have one keeper at the top of his form can only enhance the attitude & play in the outfield but to have BOTH players playng out of their skins on a regular basis can only see those outfield players play even better.

At the end of the day Trotty will pick his keeper for the day & the other keeper should accept that & await his chance as should I accept it & other fans too.His decision is what counts not mine or others.

I started this thread & have enjoyed the debate,listend to replies & taken on board some of the comments to the contrary but maybe this can now end,not because I have had the last word but because I think its now run its course not to mention my finger aching like mad!

I have had most definately this time my last word on the subject.

To CHARLIE & SCOTT

Whoever goes out there Saturday,give us your best. We know you are both more than capable!