Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The new Clement Temile thread

Originally Posted By: ICU JImmy
Think I remember when Mr Scott received some advice from the bench at our place he called the source of this wisdom a fat little c**t. The man commands alot of respect obviously.

Hmmm, Mr Scott could go far with an attitude like that. As far as the exit gate smile

Originally Posted By: ICU JImmy
Think I remember when Mr Scott received some advice from the bench at our place he called the source of this wisdom a fat little c**t

Was this when we were already 6-0 up or earlier in the game

I'm not denying Lee made the comment but obviously it was done in jest as we were 6-0 up at the time. Strangely enough our visit to New Bradwell St Peter was by far our easiest game of the season yet they only lost on two other occasions at the Recreaction ground to Arlesey Athletic and 'us', both 0-1. I would love to see New Bradwell make it next season but I have a suspicion that they are always going to be the bridesmaid and never the bride.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I'm not denying Lee made the comment but obviously it was done in jest as we were 6-0 up at the time. Strangely enough our visit to New Bradwell St Peter was by far our easiest game of the season yet they only lost on two other occasions at the Recreaction ground to Arlesey Athletic and 'us', both 0-1. I would love to see New Bradwell make it next season but I have a suspicion that they are always going to be the bridesmaid and never the bride.

and i have a suspicion you wont be at the top table next season

tongue

I'm surprised you say that as aren't you going to be involved next season, don't you want us to do well in the Premier Division.

Originally Posted By: k33per No.1
and i have a suspicion you wont be at the top table next season
tongue

I've just re-read your post and I haven't got a clue what you mean

I note that the interest in 'the great one' carries on unabated and he was all over the Guardian like a rash the other day. It's actually a very good question as if Clement had secured the Nigeria job would that have made him eligible for a prestigious entry in the Guinness Book of Records:

"Gary Megson quit Leicester City this year to take the Bolton job," writes the mysterious Brian F. "Both teams have a good chance of being relegated. Would he be the first gaffer to manage two teams in one season that went down?"

"I was reading about Dale Bassett's managerial career," writes Thor Magnus Tangeraas, "and it struck me that not only did he manage to win promotion with Wimbledon four times, but also twice with Sheffield United and once with Forest. And he reached the play-offs with Barnsley and Palace. Hence arose the desire to know which manager has achieved promotion on the most occasions?"

"Apparently Nigeria's hunt for a new manager led them Clement Temile, manager of the Molten Spartan South Midlands League Division One side Kentish Town," writes Andrew Gillespie. "Surely if Temile had got the job, it would be the biggest jump in football management, no? Have there been other occasions where a manager has leapfrogged so many leagues?"

"Paul Jewell has now been in charge at Derby for 20 league games without yet registering a win," says David Southworth. "Is this the most games without a win by a manager at a new club without getting the sack?"

Send your questions and answers to knowledge@guardian.co.uk

• 4 months later...

Wednesday, 24 September 2008

Nigeria group keen on Magpies bid

Toon takeover serious - Nathaniel

The Nigerian consortium interested in taking over crisis-torn Newcastle has talked up its plans to buy the club.

Frontman Clifford Rhodes told BBC Sport: "It's a serious offer, they're very serious business people and passionate football fans.

"We're still at the early stages, but hopefully in the next 48 hours we'll be in a position to make a statement and take the situation further."

Newcastle have appointed investment bank Seymour Pierce to handle the sale.

Clement is a hero on Tyneside, he'd be a great choice but I can't say too much

Clifford Rhodes on Temile and Keegan

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley, who has pumped

i see the cheeky chappy el tel has distanced himself from the managers job at newcastle.

he's worried his reputation as an honest businessman may be tarnished by getting involved with the club.

" I cant get involved here" he told reporters " I could get so sucked in not even Clifford Rhodes could extract me"

Paul Gascoigne was unavailable for comment.