Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ruislip Manor

I'm not in possesion of all the facts but I am led to believe that HBFC have not paid the full amount mentioned to RMFC. However that is a question best left answered by official representatives of the two clubs and not something to me muck raked by rhodes although he enjoys doing it in a feeble attempt to defelct attention away from his own teams (if I may call Kentish Town his team) problems.

Lato - I'm not trying to muck rake or deflect attention, I simply feel that if another Club are prepared to give £12,500 for a season's groundshare, which afterall isn't bad money, then surely they should be treated with respect and given value for that money. The same principle should have applied to our groundshare at Parkfield last season, although we only paid £2000 up front which was a good deal the grief we received was unbearable and we were barely allowed to blow our noses, we weren't allowed to enter any cup competitions other than the obligatory low profile Herts Senior Centenary Trophy and even then trying to play a tie with Codicote was made impossible for us. The bar was only opened at 2.55 on Saturday's and 7.40 midweek and sometimes not at all, I'm not saying that you treated Hounslow so appallingly however their feathers do seem to have been well and truly ruffled and there must be a lot more to it than meets the eye which I'm sure you're not letting on why.

And they walked in with their eyes wide open, Rhodes.

You talk as if the "low down" you received about the groundshare was quite thorough. In which case, you will be fully aware that the Codicote game only came about because the Herts FA forced Kentish Town into a competition they didn't want to enter in the first place. As their hands were effectively tied by the County, we accommodated the competition as best as possible given that it was something alien to the groundshare arrangement signed and agreed by Kentish Town.

Regarding the bar, yes there were occasions when it opened very late and once or twice when it didn't open at all. But, then again, it is the same for most other matches at Parkfield (AFA games, Arsenal Ladies games, our own reserves and youths, etc.) and none of them ever complain. In fact, I don't recall any complaints from Kentish Town at the time. We did open the bar early for the first couple of games but, when it became clear that the promise of "filling the bar after every game" was an empty one, Kentish Town were given the same status as our U16 side and everybody else outside of our own first team in terms of bar/clubhouse facilities.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
their feathers do seem to have been well and truly ruffled and there must be a lot more to it than meets the eye which I'm sure you're not letting on why.

Or perhaps we don't know, none of us are committee members now, remember.

My money is on it's just Dennis being Dennis. Nice guy but 'a pinch of salt'.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just resurrecting this thread concerning the 'groundshare', if you can call it that, between Ruislip Manor and Hounslow Borough as the attached post was on another's Forum:

From the Hellenic League site:

Borough Suspended

Following final requests to supply detailed information to the Sport Italia Hellenic League Office by 4pm today Friday 23rd February General Secretary Brian King authorised the immediate suspension of the Club.

Therefore, the fixture due to be played at Almondsbury Town on Saturday 24th February has been postponed following the postponement of last Wednesday evening’s match against Witney United. Hounslow Borough Football Club Chairman Stefan Poulos & and Secretary Eddie Mee have been given until 4pm on Wednesday 28th February to produce a contingency package to prove the viability of the club to continue to the end of the current season and resolve those other issues that responses are presently required.

I'm just resurrecting this thread concerning the 'groundshare', if you can call it that, between Ruislip Manor and Hounslow Borough as the attached post was on another's Forum:

From the Hellenic League site:
Borough Suspended

Following final requests to supply detailed information to the Sport Italia Hellenic League Office by 4pm today Friday 23rd February General Secretary Brian King authorised the immediate suspension of the Club.
Therefore, the fixture due to be played at Almondsbury Town on Saturday 24th February has been postponed following the postponement of last Wednesday evening’s match against Witney United. Hounslow Borough Football Club Chairman Stefan Poulos & and Secretary Eddie Mee have been given until 4pm on Wednesday 28th February to produce a contingency package to prove the viability of the club to continue to the end of the current season and resolve those other issues that responses are presently required.

That could be a very helpful suggestion to the SSML committee as to how to handle any of their own clubs without a home ground of their own. Well done for widening the exposure of this story, clip Rods.

Horace - What do you mean why did I highlight it, mainly for Ruislip Manor's information however it goes to show how genuine and transparent I am as I needn't have bothered. I really think that the majority of you on here have got me all wrong, there's not one skeleton in my cupboard and I can certainly look myself in the mirror every morning when I shave.

So you think it's a good idea to bring into the wider public domain the fact that a sister league has suspended a member club for not having a proper groundshare agreement?

Well that didn't even cross my mind and anyway if you are suggesting that we don't have a proper agreement then you're mistaken, Hendon also kindly faxed their LUX certificate to the SSML on our behalf so surely if there was nothing in place they wouldn't have done that. Besides the announcement is on the Hellenic League Website and another's Forum for all to see so it's already very much in the public domain, I think you are just looking for something that isn't there.

Hendon also kindly faxed their LUX certificate to the SSML on our behalf so surely if there was nothing in place they wouldn't have done that.

They probably just responded to a request from the SSML to send in a copy of the LUX certificate. It doesn't prove anything at all really regarding the existance or otherwise of any groundshare agreement.

I don't actually think that was the case and anyway how can you make such an assumption, I wasn't there as our Chairman sorted it out but when Hendon's Secretary heard that the SSML didn't have a LUX certificate for us they were mortified and I think their words were along the lines of 'we can't have you being in breach of your agreement now can we'. I think we were actually the very last Club to submit one however as everyone knows Hendon's lights are like lighthouse beacons that can be seen from miles around so it wasn't like there was a problem.

I don't actually think that was the case and anyway how can you make such an assumption, I wasn't there as our Chairman sorted it out but when Hendon's Secretary heard that the SSML didn't have a LUX certificate for us they were mortified and I think their words were along the lines of 'we can't have you being in breach of your agreement now can we'. I think we were actually the very last Club to submit one however as everyone knows Hendon's lights are like lighthouse beacons that can be seen from miles around so it wasn't like there was a problem.

I've highlighted the key words of your statement.

And your point in raising all this rhodes was exactly. I suspect you will claim it is to do us all a service and point out something we may have overlooked but I suspect the real reason is the one I mentioned before.

I would also like to point out that all matters regarding the groundshare (yes I can use the term for the agreement between RMFC and HBFC) that have been reported in the national non-league environs only reflect the Hounslow side of the story. As far as I am aware no official (please note rhodes that is not me) from RMFC has publically commented on any matter regarding this arrangement, its terms or any termination of the agreement or indeed the current status of Hounslow FC.

I should also add this is not an official statement from Ruislip Manor FC (though given your previous history regarding any posts I make you won't believe that because it doesn't tally with what you want to believe ergo it cannot be true) but is just a comment from myself regarding the matter.

Originally Posted By: Lato
And your point in raising all this rhodes was exactly.

Horace asked the same question yesterday and I have to say I'm surprised you are doing likewise, I came across the statement that was contained on the Hellenic League Website on another's Forum and as it has been a discussion point for us previously, as well as relating to a SSML member Club, I thought it would be helpful to include it, there was no ulterior motive I assure you other than trying to be my usual helpful self which often tends to blow up in my face. I still feel however that there is more to all of this than meets the eye and it seems to be a can of worms, if not why have Ruislip Manor not 'publically commented on any matter regarding the groundshare arrangement, its terms or any termination of the agreement or indeed the current status of Hounslow Borough' and rebutted their claims of being treated shabbily at Grosvenor Vale, afterall they wouldn't just simply walk away over half way through the season for no good reason.

The point I was making was that only a fool would draw peoples attention to something which highlighted his own club's untenable position!

Horace - Well that goes to show we have absolutely nothing to hide then doesn't it and our conscience is clear.

Potters Bar Town - Why do you say that, I'm as open as a book and totally transparent, everyone knows that.