Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Islington Gazzette 9/3

Originally Posted By: Wader
and a small piece about someone suspected of being the infamous Islington grave robber. The description sounded pretty nasty: 6'6 tall, wild black colour hair, unshaven, sports jacket and brown shoes, and carrying what looked like a ladies large black leather handbag. It is thought the bag is used for carrying the tools of the tome robbers trade.

Did it mention a striking resemblance to Rodney Trotter?

Just read the article (Arsenal have 3 pages.. Kentish about a third of a page). Most interesting bit about the article is it says Rhodes is Secretary and that Clement in manager, very slack journalism or were they given incorrect facts?

PS Article also confirms they don't have use of Copthall until athletics finishes and they hope to have first home game there on 15th September.

Originally Posted By: eagles1981
NF, as if we needed confirmation of that!
Just shows the importance of Kentish Town at Copthall.

Eagles - Have you been on the cheap beer in Macau again as I find these comments uncalled for as well as wide of the mark, I have stated all along that we will be working hand in hand with the Athletics Club and nobody has precedence over each other. It goes without saying that there are going to be Athletics meetings during August and early September so a little give and take it needed, that's all.

..so the athletics club don't have precedence until they've finished their meetings then?

No-one would expect you to be able to play football until the athletics is finished - you can't mark a pitch out 'til then. It doesn't matter a fig, but people will keep having a go at you while you try and wrap it up as something different. It's a brave move and I hope it works for you, be proud of it, not evasive!

Horace - I am proud, particularly following ten months of painstaking 'Royal Secret' negotiations, it is only people like Football Man trying to pick holes in our groundbreaking achievement of securing the stadium that gives off the wrong impression that I'm being evasive, he knows exactly what he's doing to try and make me look silly.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Horace - I am proud, particularly following ten months of painstaking 'Royal Secret' negotiations, it is only people like Football Man trying to pick holes in our groundbreaking achievement of securing the stadium that gives off the wrong impression that I'm being evasive, he knows exactly what he's doing to try and make me look silly.

The person who most makes you look silly is yourself. I appreciate that you may have been under orders not to speak about Copthall until it was "done and dusted", but why could you not just have said that there were issues surrounding the fact that it was an athletics stadium, which meant that the FC would not be able to stage games right from the start of the season. Everyone knows this, so any other stance was clearly up for challenge. Some clubs, most notably Hoddesdon, have suffered because of cricket being played at the same ground (although they seem to have solved the problem this season). They don't try to hide th eproblem, because it's silly and unproductive to do so.

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
Just read the article (Arsenal have 3 pages.. Kentish about a third of a page). Most interesting bit about the article is it says Rhodes is Secretary and that Clement in manager, very slack journalism or were they given incorrect facts?

Is this correct Rhodes now that Hector Varela has joined you??
You said yourself that he is the 'most astute coach you have ever seen and possiblybetter than the great one'. Could this mean the great one is moving on to pastures new even......

Paula - No not at all, it just goes to show what is the Kentish Town brand that we can attract two UEFA 'A' qualified Coaches which is quite unprecedented and frightening for a Club at our level, these people aren't mugs and Hector has Coached at Ajax yet they choose to come to us, what does that tell you. 'The great one' has committed for this season but then it's likely he will be on his way, Bertie Vogts will have left the Nigeria National job by then and I think it's Clement's intention to step into his shoes for the 2010 World Cup which coincidentally is in Africa.

Are you stating categorically that Mr Temile now has his full "A" Licence?

Originally Posted By: Paula
... Could this mean the great one is moving on to pastures new even.....

Perhaps Brimsdown beckons in a Temile/Boateng/Brimo triste of intrigue. Cec knew all along because the Great One told him over a late supper one night. Probably.

Might even have been the last supper (that they had together)

Originally Posted By: Wader
Originally Posted By: Paula
... Could this mean the great one is moving on to pastures new even.....

Perhaps Brimsdown beckons in a Temile/Boateng/Brimo triste of intrigue. Cec knew all along because the Great One told him over a late supper one night. Probably.

surely this would be a "latin" quarter of Temile/Boateng/Brimo/Hector Varella !

duck