Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Islington Gazzette 9/3

Wader - If you had gone out of your way to find me on Saturday I would have formally introduced you to 'the great one' as well as to Hector Varela, two nicer people you could not wish to meet and you would have no doubt been hooked. Anyway I thought that you were interested in Tony Dowsett, we could have all got around a table in a corner of the Biggleswade United Clubhouse and talked business, we might have been able to come to some sort of arrangement.

Well Cec, firstly you wouldn't/couldn't tell me his name. Secondly you're pretty scary bananas to approach, and thirdly the lad needs looking at a few times before judgement is made. He is worth looking at again for sure. One day we will meet in a proper fashion and also with your bench team no doubt. In the meantime please hurry yourself along to the Kentish Town PO and get that tome off to me.

Quote:

one about John Emburey and Lords

did this one have anything interesting to say, lots of rumours flying round Middlesex at present and Embers didn't have a lot to say one way or the other when we spoke to him on Monday.

Originally Posted By: Wader
Well Cec, firstly you wouldn't/couldn't tell me his name. Secondly you're pretty scary bananas to approach, and thirdly the lad needs looking at a few times before judgement is made.

And fourthly, you are not the club secretary anymore so are not in a position to "do business".

I will be working hand in hand with the Club Secretary this season but my name just won't be above the door in a Bet Lynch and Den Watts fashion like it was last season that's all and I won't be in the line of fire all the time leaving me to concentrate more on other issues like fundraising and the high profile Academy.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I will be working hand in hand with the Club Secretary this season but my name just won't be above the door in a Bet Lynch and Den Watts fashion like it was last season that's all and I won't be in the line of fire all the time leaving me to concentrate more on other issues like fundraising and the high profile Academy.

Now that's better Cecil. The first August quote is already back to expectations and the high standard that you have set yourself.

Wader - I still haven't received your PM, I will send you one and then perhaps you can just hit reply with your address, if you're quick I can get the weighty tome in the 7.00 post so you'll have it in the morning.

There is a 7.30pm collection from Holborn if I can be arsed to walk there from Whitehall, anyway you PM'd me too late so you won't get the tome till Monday now, let me know what you think in a couple of weeks when you've finished reading it.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
There is a 7.30pm collection from Holborn if I can be arsed to walk there from Whitehall, anyway you PM'd me too late so you won't get the tome till Monday now, let me know what you think in a couple of weeks when you've finished reading it.

You forgot to tell him to buy a large box of Swan matches! You can only take so many of someone else's old match reports before you nod off!

Horace - We'll see what he says, Wader has an unbiased opinion on everything as far as I can see unlike the usual suspects on here including yourself.

Actually he hasn't, we've been exchanging PM's today, remember I can read people like books particularly the likes of Football Man, Lato, Spidermanor, 3praise and you come to that.

Naturally, that goes without saying, I secretly hoped that we could try out some of the poses but I suppose it will never happen now.