Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Next Sunday........

Gazza

..... 22nd April a work colleague & myself will be running, well lets say competing, in The London Marathon, we are raising money for the childrens charity Whizz-Kidz, between us we are aiming to raise £3000.

Last year 10 of us from work succesfully raised £14000 for Great Ormond Street, by climbing & completing the three peaks challenge (Ben Nevis, Snowdon & Scarfel Pike) which was basically 22 miles up & down in three days, so 26 miles on level ground should be a breeze......yeah right, but we will give it a go.

If anyone would like to contribute, please let me know either on this forum or by personal message.

Please see www.whizz-kidz.org.uk for more information about the charity.

Thankyou,

Gazza.

As I told you earlier today, I will do you for a fiver!!!! wink

Originally Posted By: Brunob
As I told you earlier today, I will do you for a fiver!!!! wink

This is a bit personal, isn't it?

My cheque was duly deposited in the Bank of Gazza yesterday and I am looking forward to seeing him cross the line in 2 hours and 14 minutes!

I was going to ask if you were using a watch or calender. grin

Morning all, just wanted to take this oppotunity to say thankyou to all those who have already PM'd me, since Saturday I have already had pledges totalling over £200 via this forum, I told my work colleague who couldn't believe it, and has asked me to pass on his thanks via this forum as well.

We are collecting our race numbers tomorrow, mine is 49006, & already have our official running vests.

We are avidly still seeking sponsorship in & around our workplace and any further sponsorship via here is most welcome.

I will post how much we have raised on here on Friday, then all we have to do is complete it!

Thanks again,

Gazza.

Well, he took just over two hours to run the length of the pitch in a race against Southport a couple of years ago. Subsequently, I believe that he should realistically be looking to beat the time set by that bloke who did the LOndon Marathon in a deep sea diving suit!

What shirt will you be wearing, Mr Gazza?

Originally Posted By: Brunob
What shirt will you be wearing, Mr Gazza?

Will be wearing the white home shirt, however we are supplied with a "whizz kids" running vest which we attach our running number too, so wont be able to see much of it.

I'm not even going to watch it myself (driving ladies team to brighton at the time) but someone else wanted to know.

Good Luck.

Originally Posted By: Duke of York
Good luck Gazza. It's going to be a scorcher so make sure you take advantage of all the water stops!

Thanks Duke, think I will need more than luck though......... Red Cross, St. Johns Ambulance............ biglaugh

Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
Originally Posted By: Duke of York
Good luck Gazza. It's going to be a scorcher so make sure you take advantage of all the water stops!

While on the subject of running does anyone know why the Enfield Mayors 10K run has been postponed this year?

One of the local papers says there's nobody to organise it.

hope it is post poned and not cancelled. I always enjoy that run but I will be a Godfather at my niece, Libby's christening on the original day.