Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New signing

Sounds familiar. He must have been poo if he only played one game for the Urchins. Unless it was during their bust period.

Probably more around 2003 when the Urchins came to prominence.

Didn't Mark Graham score your goal and they signed him about a week later?

Is he at Bromley now along with Steve Watts?

AFF will love this....!

Picture the scene -

A conveniance store in a village called Sandridge just north of St Albans.

Webbo "20 B&H and 4 cans of Bud please Mr Shop keeper, Oh sorry mate, did I push in the queue?"

Guy behind wearing "Hitchin Town FC" tracksuit top "No, your OK mate, just browsing the crisps selection - go ahead"

Webbo "Cheers - do you play for Hitchin then?"

Guy behind wearing "Hitchin Town FC" tracksuit top "no - not any more - I've just signed for St Albans City"

Webbo "Really? what position do you play?"

Guy behind wearing "Hitchin Town FC" tracksuit top "Striker - just been up t'park this alvo speaking to Rich 'tea' Hanlon he has been watching me and wants me to play for the mighty saints"

Webbo "oh right - cool - good luck"

Guy behind wearing "Hitchin Town FC" tracksuit top "cheers - I'm a mate of Seebs by the way"

Webbo "great - bye"

Guy behind wearing "Hitchin Town FC" tracksuit top "bye - err 10 Mayfair please Mr Shopkeeper"

Webbo "hmm...."

And that's it? You bump into an escaped lunatic in the village shop and he says that he's just signed for Manchester United and you believe it?

You've been watchiing too much Miss Marple and Midsommer Murders, mate. Our village isn't St Mary Mead, you know. Or Midsommer Magna.

And then you plaster this news all over the Official web-site? Without even a "meeting on a face to face basis" with Gibbo? Without even seeking clarification from the bloke who teaches t'lads how to drive a combine harvester at Oaklands College?

I despair.