Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Horley Town

Sticks and stones........

I'm too old and long in the tooth, (which ARE still mine), to give a tinkers f@rt what you think.

My loyalty is to a CLUB, not particularly the management. past or present.

Incidently, someone has just bought it to my attention that on another 'football' forum, someone has deemed fit to slag off DFC by bringing our late Captain's name into the equation.

This, if true, is absolutely beyond contempt !

I was informed by an e-mail but not given a link directly to it.

Since then, I have found the post and read it.

Yes I DO have my views but feel it is really for the family of the late Stewart Vaughan to make any comment they see fit, not me or 'break-away' supporters (?).

However, I have passed the relevant link to those at DFC that I think should see it in case they wish to comment further.

Originally Posted By: Big J R
Sticks and stones........

I'm too old and long in the tooth, (which ARE still mine), to give a tinkers f@rt what you think.

My loyalty is to a CLUB, not particularly the management. past or present.

Wind yer neck in Big JR - it was a joke (admittedly not very funny!).

You seem to have me down as a rebel, presume because I have posted on the other site. Well, I couldn't get on the official messageboard/website so apart from here there was nowhere open to discuss Dorking FC.

I am an observer/part-time supporter and was/am confused about all of what is going on at the moment to be honest. I expect to attend matches next season, I just hope the club has a long term future....

Well, the good news, (or bad, depending on your point of view), is that four more ex DFC players turned up for training tonight in the pouring rain on the top pitch. (YES - I was there, even at my advanced age and endured the soaking).

They were all welcomed with open arms, metaphorically speaking.

Modesty prevents me from naming names however, had you been up there in the wind and rain, you would know for yourself !

ANYWAY.....

Back to Teflons original post before it gets totally hi-jacked.....

HORLEY TOWN FC. Any news of an appointment yet ?

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
Horley have removed the "first team manager needed" banner from their website so the wait could be over.........

I did try to find out last night, but those people in the know that I know, didn't know, if you get my drift.

The only rumour I got, and it was a rumour was that it may well have been decided on Sunday.

Oh, the suspense !!!!

Well i know who the new manager isn't and it isn't anyone mentioned, or indiscreetly mentioned, on here already....

I did find out this afternoon, from people in the know that I know, and they knew who it wasnt too.

The only rumour I got, and it was a rumour was that it may well not be eames either.

Win the league and get the sack, Horley must think they are Real Madrid.

Originally Posted By: swoonara
Renne whats'is'name is the new manager. Kicky Ridd turned it down apparently,not enough money.That's all I know.Never heard of the bloke, will tell you more when I know his surname.

Not Rene of Rene & Renato (save your love my darling) fame? grin