Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Premier Division Odds

Well keep the bets coming, perhaps Horace might want to keep a note as I should have a nice little pick up come Christmas and it will pay for the kids presents.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Well keep the bets coming, perhaps Horace might want to keep a note as I should have a nice little pick up come Christmas and it will pay for the kids presents.

Just to get this clear, as you are such a slippery customer. I will bet you £10 that Brimsdown will finish in top 5, you can have 6-22 - agreed?

Originally Posted By: Cecil
Gordon Boeteng is too much of a 'fly by the seat of your pants' type Manager and I give him until Christmas anyway before he has a falling out and leaves the Club.

I think you do Gordon a disservice. Have you first hand experirence of seeing him at work with the players?

Gordon was our Capital league manager when I was at BSFC. I liked him immediately upon meeting him. he has a certain way about him that is perhaps not conformist but very effective. He is also enthusiastic to the point of wearing anyone else out! He won the Capital League for Stortford because of his dedication, the huge number of players he knew and could bring into the side and his ambition. I tried to get him as my reserve manager at another club because I admire his efforts tremendously. I wish him all the best (except when they play against Bigg Town of course!).

I'll have some of that with Cecil as well. Tenners in! (I accept Paypal by the way). My only caveat is that Gordon is a little non-conformist and old school Directors might not like his style. However, Im happy to put my money on the table.

I think Brimo will do well, along with Hertford, Harefield and maybe Beaconsfield. Big Les Town will be better than last year I am sure. Broxbourne and Hanwell also to do well and Leverstock Green too. Not sure the winners will come from outside of those eight though.

As for Ruislip Manor, your guess is as good as mine as I know less about them this season than probably most other teams in the division.

So you don't know whether there is a new Management team in place at Grosvenor Vale then, that's surprising, perhaps Julian Hudson has been re-installed as it's still a mystery why he suddenly upped sticks and left last season.

Cecil. Are you ok with the bets made. Please confirm. I understand your concerns about Gordon because he is a bit different, but I suppose the results will speak for themselves. Incidentally, if you had ever worked with him in football you would understand why he has many friends and admirers.

Are you happy to take these bets (well mine anyway)? Otherwise I'm happy to withdraw if you're not.

Originally Posted By: Horace
Just to get this clear, as you are such a slippery customer. I will bet you £10 that Brimsdown will finish in top 5, you can have 6-22 - agreed?

Wader (and Horace) - I am fine to take the £10 bets that Gordon Boateng won't be at Goldsdown Road come Christmas but not Horace's one where Brimsdown will finish in the top five as that will be a distraction even if it's easy money. I will leave Horace to keep the book, I think three people have staked a tenner thus far.

Football Man - I see you have just got home from your game tonight.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: Horace

Wader (and Horace) - I am fine to take the £10 bets that Gordon Boateng won't be at Goldsdown Road come Christmas but not Horace's one where Brimsdown will finish in the top five as that will be a distraction even if it's easy money. I will leave Horace to keep the book, I think seven people have staked a tenner thus far.

I'm disappointed in you Rhodes! I'm giving you 17/5 odds, and you were adamant that Brimmo would get relegated.