Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Premier Division Odds

Quote from Chesham website ....

July 26th 2007 - Management Update

" I promised to keep you informed about our pre-season preparation and games.

We performed well at AFC Kempston. Jon and I were able to assess our fitness levels and see some players in action for the first time. Braintree Town gave us a much stiffer test on Tuesday. They are very resilient defensively and we struggled to make any real impression after a good first half where our work rate was good, and the passing and movement was excellent. We need tests against tough sides as we look at all aspects of our play. I predicted Braintree would be a Conference South play off team last year and I believe they will be again this year. Our objectives were to see where we are with our fitness levels, to try different combinations of players, and to see where our weaknesses lie. There are still plenty of areas to work on!

We took a mixed team to Tring Corinthians FC on Thursday evening, as we had a number of players who have just returned from holiday or who have missed a few sessions. I felt they needed some match time rather than training. Other players stayed and trained with Jon. It was a useful exercise at Tring, and it was good to see players like Dean Harding in action again. We now have to decide which players will make the grade as we finalise the squad. Not all will make it, but that is the nature of football at every level. We look physically equipped to deal with the new league, especially with Nick Leach joining the ranks from Aylesbury, where he was their Captain. Nick is a player we have admired for a while, and he has plenty of experience of this League.

We had hoped to see Richard Howard in action this week, but holidays and work commitments prevented him playing. He should be with us at Berkhamsted as we look to add to our forward options. Richard is an experienced forward who netted a remarkable 103 goals in 152 games at Potters Bar Town, and won the Golden Boot in Southern League Division 1 East in 2006. He has scored 25 goals a season for as long as I can remember, and he will add a different dimension to what we have at the moment.

We travel to Berkhamsted on Saturday, and then play Wingate and Finchley next week. We should have a better idea of how we are shaping up against teams from our level. The spirit is good within the squad, and we will need that with some long trips this season. I know that players who were here last season are enjoying the way we work and prepare for games, and that was evident on the pitch and around the dressing room this week.

Enjoy the games. "

Andy Leese (Manager)

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: Tubbsy8
Only thing that worries me is that Gordon maybe gone by christmas. He may well get poached by a bigger and better club. Think you should all clarify that your bet is that Gordon does not get sacked by christmas!

Sorry it's too late and a number of wagers have already been placed, if Boateng is no longer at Goldsdown Road on 25 December then I clean up it's a simple as that, if he is still there then we can all meet up at Hamilton Hall for a New Year drink and I'll pass out the tenners.

As a neutral (i.e. someone who hasn't taken up this bet), I feel this matter needs to be clarified. clip Rods, your original statement was thus...
Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Gordon Boeteng is too much of a 'fly by the seat of your pants' type Manager and I give him until Christmas anyway before he has a falling out and leaves the Club.

...therefore, the bets are only valid if Mr. Boateng has, in your words, a "falling out" and are NOT valid should he decide to move to another club.

I think the bet was that he wouldn't be at the Club, ie Brimsdown Rovers, full stop on 25 December whatever the circumstances, I'm sure Horace will confirm this.

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
your post and wager was thus rhodes
I'll have a tenner with anybody who thinks that he will still be at Goldsdown Road at Christmas, ie on 25 December, personally I don't. Don't get me wrong as I'm not knocking the man, I agree he is a decent Manager and a good motivator of players but very highly strung.

I rest my case

Mark this post for posterity!

I agree with Rhodes. The bet was whether Gordon Boateng would still be manager by Christmas.

I reluctantly took this bet on when Rhodes wriggled out of the original bet. He said that Brimsdown would be relegated, and I said they would finish top 5, giving Rhodes 6th-22nd. He backed out of the bet though, and changed it to the one above.

Originally Posted By: Horace
Neutralfan, blues06 and HTFC One, and now myself, will have £10 on Gordon Boateng still being at Brimsdown on 25 December. you get £10 from each of us if he's left by then - agreed?

Morning all - I've been through this thread with a fine tooth comb, Haringey Borough Secretary style, and I'm afraid it's pay up time, the tenners placed were by:
Wader
Nice doing business with you and thanks

You can't expect us to pay before Christmas! He might be back there by then!

Personally I don't think that would be right, I won the bet fair and square due to an inspired hunch and need the money sooner rather than later as one of the kids has a birthday later this month and we have five away games at Buckingham, Harpenden, Bedford, Ampthill and Hoddesdon which will cost me a fortune in train fares.

Sorry, Rhodes, the bet was whether he'd be at Brimsdown at Christmas! We shan't know until then, shall we?

Surely he's unlikely to show his face at Brimsdown Rovers again unless Harlow Town happen to play there in the FA Cup, MrGallis's explanation was all well and good and well presented but I still feel there was more to him leaving Goldsdown Road than met the eye.