Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 29 Sept

Just to add to that, there were no first team regulars and on the first half performance, this looked like a team with serious ambition (second half, the game was won and the tempo was brought down a gear or two). Don't be surprised to see one or two of today's starters turning out for the first team in the very near future.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: HTFCew
Winslow United 1-4 Kentish Town

A comfortable and impressive win, Jonathan Donaghue's hat trick made it five goals in two games and with Lee Scott back in the fold next week it must make us odds on favourites for the Championship.

Left it late though Rhodes, you were losing with 8 minutes to go!! What a finish to the match that must have been!

AWK - Yes it's frightening isn't it particularly with Lee Scott due back with us next week, by coincidence Tactics in Football of all people was present at today's game and has already given his overview on another thread, reading between the lines he was overwhelmed.

With Hoddesdon and Haringey still unbeaten (Hoddesdon with games in hand incidentally) as well as good early form from Bedford, Cheshunt, Brache and Stony, I would say that the chances of KTFC finishing as division champs are slim, to say the least Rhodes!!

In fact, a top 6 finish would be a turn up for the books, in my most humble opinion! Ya star striker might be back in town soon Rhodes but maybe the damage is already done. As Horace said, surely the guy will need time to bed into the team and get his match fitness back, as well as learn to play with the newer members of the squad.

Will he go straight into the starting line up or will he have to earn his stripes, plying his trade in the reserves before he gets the nod? You can't change a winning team!!

Well done to our reserves today. Indeed the back 4 did look strong, despite many a creaking joint on display!! I saw Rory score the 1st NF, who notched the second? Great result against the undefeated Tring.

Also, i think a special mention should go to the DJ at Lowfield today, who was playing some absolutely sick tunes during the warm up!! (For your information, NF complained when "Vanilla Ice" was cruelly "skipped" after just 3 seconds of air time....)

Originally Posted By: Septimus
Just to add to that, there were no first team regulars and on the first half performance, this looked like a team with serious ambition (second half, the game was won and the tempo was brought down a gear or two). Don't be surprised to see one or two of today's starters turning out for the first team in the very near future.

I wouldnt be surprised at all...a few of them should be playing for the first team...they are a tight knit group very well run by billy...

Left winger got the second Jonno, Chris Anthony? Think he's just rejoined us from Haringey.. I thought he looked quite useful and caused the Tring right back problems all afternoon

Originally Posted By: Jonno
As Horace said, surely the guy will need time to bed into the team and get his match fitness back, as well as learn to play with the newer members of the squad.
Will he go straight into the starting line up or will he have to earn his stripes, plying his trade in the reserves before he gets the nod? You can't change a winning team!!

I made sure that his Solicitor got him full use of the gym facilities on a daily basis, he is as fit as a butchers dog and just waiting to be let loose on either Langford on Wednesday or Cheshunt Reserves on Saturday, it goes without saying that he will be drafted straight into the team alongside the on fire Jonathan Donaghue.

Watched "Entrapment" again last night. Katherine Zeta Jones - now she's as fit a s a butcher's dog!!

We are in agreement for once, Michael Douglas must be rubbing his hands

We are in agreement for once, Michael Douglas must be rubbing his hands

or more likely, some part of Mrs Douglas!

Did you happen to watch that new series with Billy Piper on Thursday night

Originally Posted By: Horace
No

Seriously what did you think, Billy Piper is a good actress isn't she, I went to bed feeling quite frisky afterwards

Well yes we did make love afterwards now you come to mention it

No

Seriously what did you think, Billy Piper is a good actress isn't she, I went to bed feeling quite frisky afterwards

She is.

No

She is.

Sorry, have to disagree with you both. I think she was poor in Dr Who and only gets attention because of her association with Chris Evans therefore making here a tabloid favourite.