Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

honours even...

Uncle Urchin

and a fair enough result on reflection but the game hinged on two lino decisions and a missed late chance from parks....8 minutes in and simon scored a perfectly good goal (which I was right in line with) but was disallowed for offside??.......we went one up with a calm slot home from 'arry after some good play on the right and they equalised with their only real shot on goal straight after the break.....thereonin half chances at both ends and late on parks breaks through clear and the same ref flags him offside very very late...again I was standing in line having moved down and he was at least a yard onside...5 minutes later parks blasts one over from point blank and a replay at the bridge on tuesday.....

we will have the same officials on tuesday I expect and let's hope the offending lino (the bald one) grin is a little more on the ball.....

hendon a bit one dimensional with the long ball but obviously a good strong team and I fancy it on tuesday...

well done everyone....in the hat on monday... yay

Agree - fair result. Felt you had the better of the first half. Quite why that early goal was disallowed I'll never know, couldn't see anything wrong myself. We were deservedly behind at half-time, thought Elmes took his goal well.

Thought we had the better of the second half in terms of possession but apart from the goal, didn't have much end product.

Looking forward to Tuesday - my first visit to Bridge Avenue. Here's to another good game and good to meet you briefly before the game UU.

Originally Posted By: SteveR
Agree - fair result. Felt you had the better of the first half. Quite why that early goal was disallowed I'll never know, couldn't see anything wrong myself. We were deservedly behind at half-time, thought Elmes took his goal well.

Thought we had the better of the second half in terms of possession but apart from the goal, didn't have much end product.

Looking forward to Tuesday - my first visit to Bridge Avenue. Here's to another good game and good to meet you briefly before the game UU.

you too steve and we'll ensure you enjoy your trip on tuesday....

well done and many thanx to all those who turned a blind eye to the smoke signals coming from my direction... grin

Originally Posted By: Hendonboy
Suspect if the scorer wasn't offside early on, the flag was against the other player to his right - looked a yard or so ahead of the last defender, and not too far away from the ball (he'd have had it if the other guy hadn't).

subjective bollox...you were in the bar at the time...... grin

good grub again (bacon and chip roll was good) and must say the proggie takes some beating....

A decent result for you considering your injuries. All the best to you Urchins on Tuesday night.

They were watching some pretty decent football today!!!!

Would have popped over on Tuesday but I'm in Germany for a few days next week so good luck.

Excellent first half performance, some really good football played although not masses of chances created. Harry tucked away his chance with a touch of class.

Second half we didn't seem quite with it until Hendon equalised, but after that Hendon huffed and puffed, we should have had a goal with Simons chance and Janners was wrongly flagged offside when he almost certainly would havee scored.

But, Hendon deserved a second crack, so back to the Bridge for a bit more of this entertaining clash!