Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

you'll bever beat the 'arlow....

Uncle Urchin

sang the merry harlow terracers and on that showing they may be right.....a poor harlow side and an urchin performance that seemed understandably perhaps like a hangover from the tough two weeks passed.....a few good chances to the urchins in the first half but both parks and 'arry looked hesitant throughout....

lively youngsters up front for 'arlow ably dealt with by godders and his gang at the back and the second half much the same...substitute shane oakley had the chance to win it on 80 minutes but chose the near post when across the goal beckoned...'arlow had one shot on goal into the side net....that was it...ref was a total posing plank but with no harm done and I guess a point away is a point away but we should and could have won today with a bit more tempo...

tommo my mom for non stop battling and running...godders absolutely hulkishly awesome...

the usual welcome and hospitality from the harlow officials....many thanks for that and a good result also from the lionhearted egg chasers.... applause

well done everyone...

i thought harlow werent too bad, they had some decent players, have to agree that the ref was awful, blatent penalty where their centre half 'saved' the ball, which would have certainly fallen to the feet of simon parker, and you have to question tommo's booking which he claimed was a deliberate hand ball, when tommo had his back turnt to the ball..

I was in the main stand right above tommo and he did deliberately 'elbow' the ball to gain an advantage but the ref didn't book him for that alone...he had spoken to andy several times...one of the few minor issues that the ref got right...

shane shot into the side netting and the keeper never touched it....hence the goal kick awarded....if he had gone across goal there were runners looking for a parry out from the keeper...(who made a fantastic save from parks by the way in the SH)

agree about the penalty but the ref was miles away and couldn't have seen it...

0-0 probably about right....

Originally Posted By: urchinboy2
still the officials aren't there for nothing ...

they should be there (assistants) to do a job...ie; the second and third eye... but many an arrogant ref tells his linos ONLY to make offside decisions.....all to common today with refs dads/agents/mothers/brothers/sisters/tarts and wives freeloading in boardrooms and telling the hero in black how good he is....

its a difficult job I agree with no thanks... but they're too high profile these days for me.....at all levels...

he was a perfect example today...dad in the directors box videoing the 'hero' in the middle...

0-0 a fair result from what i saw of the match as i was getting rather carried away in the bar with the egg chasing. indeed, at one point the mentalist and i were shouting so loud that we scared this poor little kid who i think may still be crying...

must say it's a very spurs attitude of the harlow fans to celebrate a home draw like they've won the world cup.

mentalist thought their fans were a good laugh, i thought they were unfunny, unoriginal nipples. still, my general outlook on that could be put down to the hangover i suppose...

looking forward to the next match as i'll be unable to attend the ramsgate match dammit.

Originally Posted By: and1inthetree

must say it's a very spurs attitude of the harlow fans to celebrate a home draw like they've won the world cup.

i'll be unable to attend the ramsgate match dammit.

most teams see a draw with the urchins as a massive massive result...take it as a compliment......we are the NL team of our time..... grin

it is unfortunate that you cannot attend the ramsgate match.....

you plastic homer you.... grin

Bit disappointed as I thought we were the better team in the second half and could/should have won it but that's soccer. Loved Purds standing on the terraces living and breathing every moment as if he was playing, shows the committment the players have, good to see.

Difficult place to go and get a result is Harlow so a draw is not too bad.

from what i saw,the 2nd half and a few bits of the first(due to watching rugby and making little kids cry)i thought we were the better side,missed a few chances but we seem to create alot.A draw away from home is always a decent result and we will turn games like that into victorys later in the season.

How did you manage that?