Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results Sat 6 October

SPARTAN SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE

RESULTS & FIXTURES

OCTOBER 2007

SATURDAY 6th

FA Carlsberg VASE FIRST ROUND PROPER

Ampthill Town 4-1 Colney Heath

Barkingside 0-2 Brimsdown Rovers

Bowers & Pitsea 1-3 aet Harefield United

Chalfont St Peter 3-2 Bicester Town

Cockfosters 2-1 Bedfont Green

Concord Rangers 2-0 Hertford Town

Hanwell Town 7-1 Sun Postal Sports

Highworth Town 3-2 Beaconsfield SYCOB

Holmer Green 0-4 Brockenhurst

Kingsbury Lndn Tigers P Romford

Leverstock Green 0-1 Biggleswade United

Long Buckby 3-2 aet Welwyn Garden City

Stotfold 0-1 Tring Athletic

Royston Town 2-1 Harpenden Town

St Margaretsbury 0-1 Wembley

PREMIER DIVISION

Aylesbury Vale 0-1 Broxbourne Boro V&E

Biggleswade Town 2-1 Ruislip Manor

Oxhey Jets 1-3 Langford

BERKS & BUCKS INTERMEDIATE CUP

FIRST ROUND

Buckingham Athletic 1-2 Aston Clinton

Iver Heath Rovers 0-1 Amersham Town

Mursley United 7-2 Wingrave

New Bradwell St Peter 1-0 Aylesbury Vale Res

Old Bradwell United 4-2 St. Johns

Padbury United 0-3 Steeple Claydon

Pitstone & Ivinghoe 4-0 Bierton

Risborough Rangers 0-2 Chalfont St Peter Res

Stokenchurch 1-4 Holmer Green Res

Stony Stratford Town 5-0 Bletchley Manor

Winslow United 6-3 Walton Court Wanderers

DIVISION ONE

Arlesey Athletic 1-4 Sport London e Benfica

Bedford Town Reserves 1-4 Haringey Borough

Brache Sparta 3-2 Cranfield United

Hoddesdon Town 2-1 Bedford

Kentish Town 2-4 Cheshunt Reserves

DIVISION TWO CUP FIRST ROUND

AFC Dunstable 3-2 Crawley Green

Kent Athletic 6-1 Caddington

Tring Corinthians 2-1 The 61 FC (Luton)

DIVISION TWO

Totternhoe 0-1 Kings Langley

Weren't good enough! Coops was on the bench, but never came on. OK for 20 min, then they scored soft goal. We were no threat up front and when you can't pressure the other team's goal, result is inevitable. Paul Taylor carried off after 40 minutes with knee injury (was walking after game, but looks bad injury).

Goal deep into stoppage time gave Biggleswade Town the win v Manor today after we equalised in the first minute of stoppage time. I think the result was about right based on balance of play overall but it's always tough when you concede so late having equalised. Mind you that's the sort of luck you have at the bottom of the division.We are actually playing well but just can't take the chances we are creating when on top in a game.

Thanks to Wader and the Big Les committee for great hospitality and best of luck with the new ground.

Cheers Lato. I bought your gaffer a drink to try and make up for the late late goal, but he said if he'd known I was buying it before he ordered it, he would have had something much more expensive than a beer! It's happened to us enough already this season, quite nice to get a late winner ourselves.

Cec, were your ears burning at 2.40, 3.50 & 5.05? In fairness the only thing mentioned in connection to you was Gordon Boateng. I see Harlow got a very useful draw today against good opposition.

You would have laughed today though Cec. A tall Scots lad (looked a bit like you in a rockers outfit) turned up at 2pm and put his kit in the visitors changing room. I recognised him as a player from Haringey Boro last season - thinking he had been transferred to Ruislip this season. A bit later he realised that he knew no one else in the changing room and had gone to the wrong ground. I directed the poor lad to Bedford Town next door after he had got changed again!

Manor were a useful side who bely their near bottom position. I think they only lack 2 quality players that would make the difference to them being in the top 6 - 8.

For us, we released a player today who is now looking for a club, but may end up at Hertford. Good luck to him.

Kentish Town were undone today, not by Cheshunt Reserves but by a linesman called Peter Panayiotou who made some 'criminal' decisions costing us two goals that were clearly offside. It will be interesting to get Petethegreek's view, if indeed he was present as other than the linesman in question I didn't see any Greek Cypriot looking gentleman come through the 'turnstile'. To be fair Cheshunt were a decent young side who will be thereabouts come April however we would have got at least a draw had it not been for Mr Panayiotou.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Kentish Town were undone today, not by Cheshunt Reserves but by a linesman called Peter Panayiotou who made some 'criminal' decisions costing us two goals that were clearly offside. It will be interesting to get Petethegreek's view, if indeed he was present as other than the linesman in question I didn't see any Greek Cypriot looking gentleman come through the 'turnstile'. To be fair Cheshunt were a decent young side who will be thereabouts come April however we would have got at least a draw had it not been for Mr Panayiotou.

excuses excuses...was it raining as well? maybe the greeks have gt it in for you after all your insults

Rhodes - There was nothing wrong with the goals. First one there were three attackers, two of which were in offside positions but not active in play. The ball fell to the player in an onside position though it was a tight call.

The other goal wasn't even close. Your defender played the opponent onside by two feet.

So you were at the game then, how come you didn't introduce yourself, that's very unsociable of you

Originally Posted By: petethegreek
The ball fell to the player in an onside position though it was a tight call

Put it this way, it made West Brom's goal against Leeds at the Hawthorns in 1971 seem like a perfectly good goal in comparison.

Rhodes - I didn't mean to be rude and not introduce myself but the colleague I came to the game was in a rush and therefore I couldn't stay long.

Hopefully next time when out paths cross we can meet and have a chat.

I can understand that you are not happy with the goals but that was my view on them.

Yes scaff,I think Rhodes does know how good the young cheshunt reserve side is now! Average age 18 & a half.

Three 17 year olds one of whom has scored seven goals in four matches, he was too quick for the linesmen and the ktfc back four! Or do Kentish Town play too a high back line! mmm!

The future is shining bright for the ambers!

Even the 1st team got in on the act today winning 3-0!

Happy Days!

Officer Dibble - Welcome to the Forum, I was impressed by Cheshunt Reserves today, you have some talented lads who have promising futures ahead of them however I still believe that Mr Panayiotou cost us at least a point today as being 3-1 down at the interval was a bridge too far for us even with Lee Scott back in the fold. Our players said that if they had known Mr Panayiotou was allocated to the game beforehand they would have asked for him to be replaced with another official as we have had problems with him before.

Rhodes..thank you for your kind comments about our young team who were fired up by your previous comments..ie we will see how good they are...etc....

He was in the programme as an official, so someone at the club should have known that he was officiating. Still it appears that pete the greek was at the game and he said the goals were good, so we will move on and it was a very good performance from young lads who can only get better with experience!

Would have gone to Concord Rangers with the family but I'm not feeling to good at the moment.

We need to put a few good results under our belts, don't think Hertford are playing to the full potential yet but we need to very quickly, let's hope so.