Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results Sat 6 October

Cec - As has already been pointed out, the clubs are adjacent but have their own car parking areas - and you can't see one from the other - so no, a car of the general description you gave was not looked for or seen. The only inter-action with Haringey Borough on the day was as descibed by myself in an earlier message and that was quite amusing.

So interesting to meet Lato and Manorborn. Good to put faces to names and a very interesting Boardroom chat - the jist of which of course stays inside those four walls for fairly obvious reasons especially on this occassion! I can reveal though that the biscuit of the day was Garibaldi, although as the supermarkets have their Christmas fare out already, this was supplemented with truffle rum balls and mince pies. I'm sure it wasn't a spread of your usual high standards Cec, but I think you may have enjoyed it nonetheless.

Originally Posted By: Wader
So interesting to meet Lato and Manorborn

I thought Lato wasn't a Committee member, how come he was able to set foot inside the boardroom at Bedford on Saturday, I'm appalled

Yes but I'm a Committee member, I find that rule defeats the object of having a boardroom, what's the point if you just let all and sundry in

Originally Posted By: Horace
div1.jpg

Just us and Haringey still unbeaten then.....

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

I thought Lato wasn't a Committee member, how come he was able to set foot inside the boardroom at Bedford on Saturday, I'm appalled

I am not a RMFC committee member and neither is MB100. However Wader and the rest of the Biggleswade Town FC committee were only too happy to invite us in as their guests for the day.

I beleive SpiderManor and ManorBorn were guests in our boardroom when Hoddesdon entertained Ruislip recently in a cup game. They are not committee members as far as I am aware but they were invited in and were more than welcome to help themselves to a cup of tea and a custard cream!!

And they will be in future too!

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

I seem to remember many a time at Haringey where YOU invited me into the Boardroom even though I wasn't a committee member of either side. Double standards, methinks.

Originally Posted By: Lato
I am not a RMFC committee member and neither is MB100. However Wader and the rest of the Biggleswade Town FC committee were only too happy to invite us in as their guests for the day

Yes my point exactly, if you want to rub shoulders with the hoy poloy around the SSML bazaars then in my humble opinion you need to earn the right to deserve it, I take it you at least helped to clear the cups away afterwards.

Gordon Boateng always helped clear up the cups at Bishop's Stortford, (including the Capital League Championship one) Hehe

You're bound to say that though to paint him in a good light

There's nothing wrong with it in principle however I wouldn't encourage 'the great one' or Hector Varela to do so, I think boardrooms are for the men in suits where they can chat formally about the afternoon or evenings proceedings, along with the match officials, over a glass of something or a cup of tea or coffee. I still maintain that inviting non Committee members into a boardroom defeats the object of a 'private' boardroom and there should also be a dress code with no jeans or trainers allowed under any circumstances.

I thought you might pick up on that, obviously it goes without saying that female Directors and Committee members would take their rightful places alongside the 'Sugars', Mick Clarke's and Maurice Dorrington's.