Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results Sat 6 October

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I thought you might pick up on that, obviously it goes without saying that female Directors and Committee members would take their rightful places alongside the 'Sugars', Mick Clarke's and Maurice Dorrington's.

No mention of me in there Cec, I've offended you obviously.

I don't know what your real name is that's why or what position you hold on the Biggleswade Town Committee

That has always been my opinion however at Haringey Borough it was, and probably still is, pretty much a free for all as you know so it was a case of if you can't beat them join them. If people like Lato give up their right to be on their Club's Committee's and shout about it from the rooftops then surely they can't complain if they're left standing out in the cold with the plebs before and after games and at half time.

At Haringey Borough we invite everyone into the boardroom.We are not so stuck up our own arses as to distinguish between special guests and others and we most certainly do not view anyone who comes to our ground as "plebs". The few supporters that we get and those from the opposition are always made to feel welcome. It is called hospitality!!!!!

Originally Posted By: mugabesugarellisbates
At Haringey Borough we invite everyone into the boardroom.We are not so stuck up our own arses as to distinguish between special guests and others and we most certainly do not view anyone who comes to our ground as "plebs". The few supporters that we get and those from the opposition are always made to feel welcome. It is called hospitality!!!!!

Er, not quite everybody! Nutters excluded!

If people like Lato give up their right to be on their Club's Committee's and shout about it from the rooftops then surely they can't complain if they're left standing out in the cold with the plebs before and after games and at half time.

I've never read such a load of rubbish in my life! They left the committee (quietly). You began questioning them about matters pertaining to Ruislip Manor, and they pointed out (without shouting) that they were now just fans and didn't have inside information. They have never complained about being left standing anywhere. Because they are friendly guys, and are well known at many clubs, they occasionally get invited in to boardrooms. This is common practice throughout non-league football (in my considerable experience). Shut up and get some work done!

Horace - I take your comments onboard however Lato is always 'shouting from the rooftops' that he is no longer involved at Grosvenor Vale in a official capacity and 'never knows what is going on at the Club' however he is more than happy to accept invitations into away boardrooms and enjoy privileged treatment which, in my book, is double standards. Furthermore I've only ever seen Lato attired in jeans and trainers which surely isn't the appropriate garb for rubbing shoulders with the great and the good in a boardroom.

Horace - I take your comments onboard however Lato is always 'shouting from the rooftops' that he is no longer involved at Grosvenor Vale in a official capacity and 'never knows what is going on at the Club' however he is more than happy to accept invitations into away boardrooms and enjoy privileged treatment which, in my book, is double standards. Furthermore I've only ever seen Lato attired in jeans and trainers which surely isn't the appropriate garb for rubbing shoulders with the great and the good in a boardroom.

Why can't you learn how to stop digging when you are disappearing down a hole? Lato only ever makes that statement in response to garbage posted by you.
My experience of the SMFL (after visiting a lot of away clubs and attending three AGMs) is that casual dress is de rigeur for many clubs. Only those who have experienced life in the heady atmosphere of the Ryman or Southern Leagues tend to be "suited and booted". I have no problem with this.

Yes but doesn't it create a more favourable impression to be 'suited and booted' as you put it rather than turn up in scruffy jeans and battered trainers

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
So smart, pressed jeans and brand new trainers are OK?

I wouldn't be in favour of jeans or trainers at all, it just gives a bad impression whether it's Cranfield United for example at Step 6 level or Anfield in the Premiership

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
In what way?

It's just shoddy and unprofessional like wearing a suit without a tie