Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results Sat 20 October

SPARTAN SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE

RESULTS & FIXTURES

OCTOBER 2007

SATURDAY 20th

PREMIER DIVISION

Aylesbury Vale 3-3 Tring Athletic

Biggleswade Town 2-1 Hertford Town

Chalfont St Peter 4-0 Holmer Green

Cockfosters 2-3 Leverstock Green

Colney Heath 3-5 Brimsdown Rovers

Harefield United 0-1 Broxbourne Boro V&E

Kingsbury Lndn Tigers 5-3 Langford

London Colney 0-7 Oxhey Jets

Ruislip Manor 3-1 Biggleswade United

St Margaretsbury 0-1 Beaconsfield SYCOB

Welwyn Garden City 0-3 Hanwell Town

DIVISION ONE

Ampthill Town 1-0 Harpenden Town

Arlesey Athletic 3-2 Amersham Town

Bedford Town Reserves 0-3 Buckingham Athletic

Brache Sparta 2-4 Hoddesdon Town

Kentish Town 4-2 Haringey Borough

New Bradwell St Peter 1-0 Bedford

Sport London e Benfica 4-4 Sun Postal Sports

Stony Stratford Town P Royston Town

Winslow United 2-6 Cranfield United

HERTS INTERMEDIATE CUP FIRST ROUND

Boreham Wood Res 2-2 aet Tring Corinthians

5-4 on penalties

Hertford Town Res 1 St Margaretsbury Res 0

Markyate 0-3 Hoddesdon Town Res

CHALLENGE TROPHY SECOND ROUND

Padbury United 1-7 Kent Athletic

DIVISION TWO

AFC Dunstable 6-1 Caddington

Crawley Green 3-2 Totternhoe

Kings Langley 3-1 Mursley United

Pitstone & Ivinghoe 1-3 Aston Clinton

The 61 FC (Luton) 1-2 Risborough Rangers

Didn't go today - watched Ressies progress in Herts Intermediate Cup against St Mags. 1-0 (Mark Draper)

I believe we took the lead against Bigg T (Cooper header) but they got one back before half time. My informant used phrases like "running round like headless chickens"!

Clean sheet for Jonno!! Goal and MoM for myself, good day for the Hoddy boys on the forum and the first team go marching on!!!

Originally Posted By: youngngifted
well done lato

Thanks a lot, we needed that.

I wasn't there myself as I was up in London at a special screening of the new Brad Pitt western "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" and very good it is too.

MB100 was at the game and he said we did well after being a goal behind at half time. Apparently we had a 16 year old in goal and although Big U had a forward called Robbie who looked useful (who could that be) we were worth the win.

Great win for Broxbourne at Harefield...a contender for result of the day? I also see KTFC had a good home win in the big game v Haringey so well done to them as they must be delighted.

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
Clean sheet for Jonno!! Goal and MoM for myself, good day for the Hoddy boys on the forum and the first team go marching on!!!

Hear hear!! Hurrah and huzzah!!

Originally Posted By: Lato
I wasn't there myself

I won't even comment but it's disappointing that you prefer to go and see a film than watch your team play

Some strange results yesterday however here's a report of perhaps what was the banker of the day, Leverstock Green's win at Cockfosters:

http://www.levgreenfc.co.uk/mr20071020.htm

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: Lato
I wasn't there myself

I won't even comment but it's disappointing that you prefer to go and see a film than watch your team play

isn't that a comment?

true Cantos true.

Can't you always go to the pictures or are you just losing faith with your team who currently look doomed to relegation

that sentence doesn't make sense rhodes.

No I am not losing faith, just the chance to go and see a special preview screening of an eagerly awaited film happened to clash with football. The director Andrew Dominik was also doing a Q and A afterwards which was very enlightening. Cinema happens to be one of my other interests as well as football and sometimes I have to make a choice.

Oh for your information rhodes as I know you like to keep your dossiers on me upto date, I will not be at Broxbourne v Manor next Saturday as I am going to the Hendon v Hastings game. SteveR may see you there..i'll be with the Polaks.

Lato - I know that you are very much into films and I certainly don't criticise you for that as I am too, The Ten Commandments being my favourite. There is however no film preview next Saturday yet you are going to watch Hendon v Hastings with the team you papport to being a supporter of, ie,Ruislip Manor, playing only a few miles away, this to me doesn't make any sense at all.

I am going to watch Hendon because I am meeting up with my Polish friend who I go to international games with. Since we like to take in a football match and one of them is a Hendon supporter and they are coming from all over London we decided to go there. If Manor were at home we could well have gone there.

Also I don't as you know drive and have to rely on MB100 to get me to away games. Due to his family commitments he cannot always make away trips which I fully understand.

Now I realise all this is totally anathema to you but that is the way it is. I have not lost my support for Ruislip Manor (34 years to date) just now I can choose to do other things in my life if I wish.