Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Will Hoddesdon drop points ...

... in their next 2 league games?

I think they will. Or at least I hope they will. Anything else would mean Hoddesdon will have an almost unasailable lead with games in hand.

Their opponents:

Cheshunt reserves - A young team that has been unbeaten in the last 6 league games, winning 3 of the last 5 and recently taking Bedford and Kentish Town scalps in their recent games.

Kentish Town - 3 wins in the last 3 league games, despite losing to Ampthill Town in a cup game within that period, mean that they are a tricky team to contend with. Beating a team like Haringey Borough, by 2 clear goals, may raise some eyebrows but the recent news of important members of Haringey Borough resigning, may undermine this result. However, Hoddesdon may stumble, if not fall at this hurdle.

Much depends on transport, Rhodes' map reading skills and whether the players are more then 20% fit!

Originally Posted By: eagles1981
...Kentish Town - 3 wins in the last 3 league games, despite losing to Ampthill Town in a cup game within that period, mean that they are a tricky team to contend with. Beating a team like Haringey Borough, by 2 clear goals, may raise some eyebrows but the recent news of important members of Haringey Borough resigning, may undermine this result. However, Hoddesdon may stumble, if not fall at this hurdle.

Obviously it all hinges on whether we can get Lee Scott special dispensation to play at Lowfield on 6 November, he scored again yesterday making it three goals in three league games when still only 30 or 40% fit and without breaking sweat. I don't quite know why everyone is raving about Hoddesdon at the minute, okay they'll probably be there or thereabouts in April but they're no Worldbeaters, I can see Cheshunt giving them a game next week.

The SLB management didn't think they were worldbeaters either but they must be doing something right! I think they were fortunate to face us so early in the campaign but hats off to the team for their results up until now. Maybe they should relax and take it easy now they are so far ahead.

I think there is a certain arrogance about Hoddesdon and it will be a nightmare if they continue to get results and remain at the top of the table, personally I don't think they will and we will go there on 6 November and catch them cold as we did on 23 December last year when we embarrassed them. Anyway you talk as if your are promotion contenders and expect to be thereabouts come April, don't you think you are being a little over ambitious in only your first season playing 'real football'.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I think there is a certain arrogance about Hoddesdon and it will be a nightmare if they continue to get results and remain at the top of the table,

I disagree. I think the arrogance Gav style would be unbearable from certain other forum members if their teams were top of Div 1.

I don't mean on the Forum but when you visit Lowfield, you get the impression that they think they are better than everyone else, Cockfosters are the same. Don't get me wrong though as Hoddesdon always welcome you with open arms and I think their hearts are in the right place.

Eagles, both Hoddesdon and SLeB lineups are much changed since that first game of the season so will be interesting when we meet again.

Confidence is good and team spirit is high through the club.

Obviously we will drop points but we have a hard working and talented side with a strike duo a few premier sides wouldn't mind!

Team is playing so well I can't get in the side wink Still 2 goals in 2 games as Captain of the ressies is hopefully putting me back in the frame...

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
Eagles, both Hoddesdon and SLeB lineups are much changed since that first game of the season so will be interesting when we meet again.

Confidence is good and team spirit is high through the club.

Obviously we will drop points but we have a hard working and talented side with a strike duo a few premier sides wouldn't mind!

Team is playing so well I can't get in the side wink Still 2 goals in 2 games as Captain of the ressies is hopefully putting me back in the frame...

I see no arrogance in NF's comments Rhodes.

I agree, it will be interesting when the 2 teams meet again. At the moment though, Hoddesdon are so far ahead that it feels as if everyone else is fighting for second place.

I didn't say that NeutralFan was being arrogant, why do you always put words in my mouth. It's just the feeling you get when you walk through the front gate at Lowfield and down that long winding path to the Clubhouse, you feel the eyes of the World are on you and you are being weighed up every step of the way. Anyway they are not that far ahead of everyone else, I would much rather have points in the bag than games in hand.

Surely Hoddy have points in the bank AND games in hand? A handy combination!

Look what happened to us last season, we hit the ground running and the championship 'was all over bar the shouting' in December until the Damien Thorn factor set in, I'm sure something similar will happen to Hoddesdon and I would much rather be in the chasing pack.

I bet you'd love to be in the chasing pack Rhodes.. Instead of chasing the chasing pack!!

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Look what happened to us last season, we hit the ground running and the championship 'was all over bar the shouting' in December until the Damien Thorn factor set in, I'm sure something similar will happen to Hoddesdon and I would much rather be in the chasing pack.

Your memory isn't very good - you were one point clear at the top, but Brimsdown had 3 games in hand.

Up to & including Saturday 23rd December 2006

DIVISION ONE P W D L GF GA GD PTS
1 Kentish Town 16 11 2 3 43 17 26 35
2 Cockfosters 16 11 1 4 26 18 8 34
3 Brimsdown Rovers 13 10 2 1 43 8 35 32
4 Ampthill Town 16 10 2 4 33 15 18 32
5 Stony Stratford Town 13 10 1 2 33 16 17 31
6 Sun Postal Sports 17 9 1 7 41 35 6 28
7 Hoddesdon Town 14 8 1 5 27 17 10 25
8 Brache Sparta 14 8 0 6 31 25 6 24
9 Harpenden Town 14 7 0 7 34 30 4 21
10 Bedford Valerio United 12 6 0 6 25 29 -4 18