Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Will Hoddesdon drop points ...

I have to say here, I don't think anybody associated with Hoddesdon Town displays arrogance.

Sure, Im biased but we were very humbled when we lost our premier division status after such a long time and knew that it would be a tough division to climb out of, hence this being our 3rd season in the SSMFL Div 1. The team is currently performing well but we will naturally drop points, particularly on the road, and I don't think that it is all over just yet. I fancy 3 or 4 teams to run us close, particularly Brache, Sport London e Benfica, Stony Stratford and Haringey Borough, as long as the management change at this stage of the year doesnt unsettle the side too much.

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
Your memory isn't very good - you were one point clear at the top, but Brimsdown had 3 games in hand.

Yes but ask Jonno and NeutralFan who they thought would be Champions at 5.00pm on Saturday 23 December last year, if they answer truthfully you will have your answer

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Yes but ask Jonno and NeutralFan who they thought would be Champions at 5.00pm on Saturday 23 December last year

I don't ever remember any team being crown Champions at 5pm on 23 December before. You might though, clip Rods, given that you're a hell of a lot older than me. Is that when they used to decide the title pre-war?

I can't be more than three or four years older than you, I thought you were about 44

Blah, blah, blah ... Anyway they are not that far ahead of everyone else, I would much rather have points in the bag than games in hand.

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
Your memory isn't very good - you were one point clear at the top, but Brimsdown had 3 games in hand.

Up to & including Saturday 23rd December 2006
DIVISION ONE P W D L GF GA GD PTS
1 Kentish Town 16 11 2 3 43 17 26 35
2 Cockfosters 16 11 1 4 26 18 8 34
3 Brimsdown Rovers 13 10 2 1 43 8 35 32

Rhodes would you like to retract that statement? Last year will tell you that what you would rather have doesn't get you promoted!

In fact here is the Premier Division in the Middlesex County Football League as late as 28th of January 2007:

DIVISION ONE P W D L GF GA GD PTS
1 Neasden Fndtn 14 11 1 2 46 18 28 34
2 Bedfont Spts 15 8 4 3 56 23 33 28
3 Mauritius Spts 13 6 3 4 22 18 4 21
4 Wraysbury 13 6 2 5 30 27 3 20
5 Willesden Const 14 6 1 7 19 22 -3 19
6 Sport London e Benfica 9 5 3 1 18 8 10 18

The rest is history ...

I think Mauritius Sports went to the Essex League. Joined with Pennant. I'm not sure how they achieved that. I see they're in the Premier Division. Is that the same level as Spartans Division 1 or our Premier?

SLB went to the Spartans because José, SLB's manager, did his homework prior and elected to go where the transport, travel and pitches suited Benfica.

Neasden opted for Combined Counties because other teams previously in the MCFL had gone there, I think.

Originally Posted By: Jonno
I have to say here, I don't think anybody associated with Hoddesdon Town displays arrogance.

Sure, Im biased but we were very humbled when we lost our premier division status after such a long time and knew that it would be a tough division to climb out of, hence this being our 3rd season in the SSMFL Div 1. The team is currently performing well but we will naturally drop points, particularly on the road, and I don't think that it is all over just yet. I fancy 3 or 4 teams to run us close, particularly Brache, Sport London e Benfica, Stony Stratford and Haringey Borough, as long as the management change at this stage of the year doesnt unsettle the side too much.

do they have floodlights and tea bars at these clubs you mention or do they play on sunday mornings...... devil

Hoddesdon always welcome you with open arms and I think their hearts are in the right place.

It's just the feeling you get when you walk through the front gate at Lowfield and down that long winding path to the Clubhouse, you feel the eyes of the World are on you and you are being weighed up every step of the way.

Just noticed this! grin

It's just the feeling you get when you walk through the front gate at Lowfield

This won't be happening for a while, some numpty in an articulated lorry reversed into the gates last night and knocked them down!!!

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
It's just the feeling you get when you walk through the front gate at Lowfield

This won't be happening for a while, some numpty in an articulated lorry reversed into the gates last night and knocked them down!!!

I trust the delivery of Rogers cigars were undamaged.