Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Will Hoddesdon drop points ...

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
thanks Horace but I thought the sugarellis poster could have taken the opportunity, particularly in a current Rhodes free forum, to say if he thought the club had any promotion ambitions.

I think actions speak louder then words and there is no need to publicly announce ambition here; especially when you consider who has just been appointed as manager.

Surely a bigger statement of ambition then any 'lyrical' statement on here could ever wish to be.

Where we play will be determined by the strength of our team. If we are good enough to go up then so be it. If not then we will remain where we are

said the poster "sugar".

no need to wax lyrical, Rak, but that posting doesnt show any passion or desire, and I thought Id give the poster a chance to clarify his views of the clubs ambitions.

Is it pushing the boat out too far to say something like promotion would be a welcomed bonus after securing the services of a highly rated manager?

he chose to "go public" today, instead of letting the clubs actions speak for themselves.

he chose to "go public" today, instead of letting the clubs actions speak for themselves.

If you read the post again, thespursfan, he chose to go public to defend an accusation that his club feel they have a divine right to be in the Premier Division. As far as promotion is concerned, he appears happy to let the club's actions speak for themselves.

Spurs fan If you read the post that started all of this properly you will see that it was claimed that teams like Haringey believe they have a divine right to be in the Premier division. My reply made it abudantly clear that we do not believe we have such a divine right. That is not a suggestion that we have no ambition to go higher. Its a response to an inaccurate comment by Losingmyhair which required a reply.

PS Losingmyhair, apology accepted, please do not associate Rhodes with anything to do with HBFC. If he has offended you in the past whilst at haringey i apologise on behalf of the club.

Originally Posted By: eagles1981
Re: Will Hoddesdon drop points ...... in their next 2 league games?

YES, thread over!

I was told by certain members of the SLB cntingent that went to see the game yesterday that Hoddesdon seemed under par!

They could have finished Kentish Town early on in the second half but didn't seem as if they had fitness levels needed to handle the 90 minutes.

One of the assisting officials seemed more interested in entertaining the public than running the line as he was seen to be talking to a section of the Hoddesdon supporters throughout the 2nd half.

The referee, however, stood strong and overuled the linesman when he tried to intervene in a freekick decision.

The Kentish Town keeper kept them in it with two good saves. One from the Hoddesdon keeper's header in a corner and another in an outstretched save that cleared the goal as the ball was crossed in!

The Hoddesdon team were said to be dispondent to say the least with one of the central defenders walking off into the changing room while the management talked to players on the pitch after the game!

0 points from 6 is not good but the league table shows that they are still quite comfortable. Arlesey next. How will Hoddesdon respond?

Arlesey are certainly in form and could cause even more problems to Hoddesdon. May be if NF was playing ...

Originally Posted By: Rak
lol ok I'm not going to comment further.
I've said my piece on the matter and it still stands

Rak - I've never been able to understand why you always defend the actions of 'Sugar', 3praise style, and never have a bad word to say about him particularly after the terrible way he treated your dad

I don't hold a grudge and it wasn't personal when he sacked Ju. I may not agree with every football decision Aki makes but I respect him and his love for the club. Everyone makes mistakes :-)

To be fair I think Aki is doing a great job as chairman and has been 100 percent supportive of my youth initiative. We have built up a pretty good relationship and I see a bright future.

Just cheer up Rhodes, Kentish are on a roll and doing well so be happy. Hows Ossie getting on? Been playing? Injured?

Rak - That's a great post and as you know I respect you highly as a Coach and a player however if I were you I wouldn't trust 'Sugar' further than you can throw him. I'm sure he has a hidden agenda and if he loved the Club as much as you claim he would have stepped aside at the start of the 2005/2006

relegation season when a high profile and wealthy consortium came knocking at the door in order to take 'us' forward in leaps and bounds. He didn't want to know and 'we' were sadly relegated, furthermore the ground is in a sorry dilapidated state of disrepair and 'Sugar' doesn't appear to be making any effort whatsoever to address this.

I assume the club expressed a lot more ambition and desire to convince the manager to join them than "sugar" displayed to us today. A missed opportunity

TheSpursFan - I've been re-reading some of your posts on this thread such as this one and I couldn't agree with you more. Haringey think they have pulled off the coup of the Century by appointing Allan Fenn who they obviously had lined up all along when showing the door to poor Ged Searson however Fenn doesn't seem to be the sort of bloke to put up with 'Sugar's nonsense and it won't take him too long to see the light.

SIXTY TWO posts since you came back on Rhodes - ridiculous, and mostly either tripe or vitriol against the Haringey chairman. I'm off for 7 days myself, can't stand any more!

I didn't know you were keeping count, you must be praying that Sport London e Benfica get a draw or a win then on Saturday

I didn't need to count. I just clicked "Rhodes", "View all posts" and they were all there, sequentially numbered! 62 in under 24 hours you sad man!

I've thought of way to counter that... you tell me what you think a really funny quote would be and I'll edit one of his posts to say it!?!? laugh