Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Will Hoddesdon drop points ...

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
Originally Posted By: Rhodes
It's just the feeling you get when you walk through the front gate at Lowfield
This won't be happening for a while, some numpty in an articulated lorry reversed into the gates last night and knocked them down!!!
I suspect that the 'numpty' may have been Rhodes in a premeditated attack.

'when you walk through' was just to throw the police off the scent. What he really meant was 'drive through' ... literally! giggle

Without a doubt, the better team won on the day.

Hoddesdon are a very good team and play fast attractive football at times, but a severe lack of discipline when under pressure may cost them dear in the race for the title.

The youngsters at Cheshunt were excellent, and more the matched their vastly more experienced opponents, in all departments.

Good luck to Hoddesdon for the rest of the season ( except when they come to The Lane ).

They have excellent fans, who appreciated the football that Cheshunt played, and were very good hosts to us all.

Also, they produce by far the best matchday programme in the league.

Many thanks

Scaff

So far so good! Well done Cheshunt. The feedback I got from the Benfica management was that you were a strong side and despite being a young outfit you were well organised and you were going to cause problems to a lot of teams. I see they were right. The first to take 3 points from Hoddesdon!

Now over to Kentish Town. How good are you Kentish Town? Better than Cheshunt Reserves? Lets see you prove it!

Scaff, I agree totally with that mate. Our discipline was terrible today. i think that because it is the first time this season we didnt get our own way from the off, we didnt know how to handle it.

Where were you in the crowd today scaff?

eagles 1981 best you concern yourself with winning your own matches and not relying on other teams to do what you couldn't at the start of the season & beat the unbeaten Hoddesdon!

Anyway kentish town are not that good as they got a 4-2 drubbing as rhodes will testify from the cheshunt youngsters!

Anyway the Cheshunt youngsters are improving at a rate of knots with each & every match and are now unbeaten in seven league matches, are a match for anyone in this league.....

But this league is now wide open and yes a draw for kentish town against hoddesdon will do, to open it up some more.....

Officer Dibble, we didn't beat Hoddesdon in our first game in the new league. So therefore we can only rely on other teams to do what we didn't do until we go to Hoddesdon and try and do it for ourselves!

Cheshunt were one of the teams that the Benfica management rated and I just had a feeling that they were the ones to put Hoddesdon's impressive run to an end!

Bollox!!! 8-0 to Hoddesdon this coming Tuesday. Anything else is a failure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All matches are now very important.

The league is becoming very exciting.

Members of this forum should be very wary of bigging up thier teams too much.

At Cheshunt we are very proud of the way the team is growing this season, and but for a couple of lapses in concentration, where we have conceded points, we would be right up there.

Let's hope that we can continue trying to play good football, and continuing to make the rest of the league sit up and take notice, and see where it takes us.

It as all invaluble experience for the young lads.

We fear no-one now, but will continue to take each game as it comes.

Originally Posted By: Scaff

Let's hope that we can continue trying to play good football, and continuing to make the rest of the league sit up and take notice

Certainly caught my eye today. Ill hold my hands up to seeing the Cheshunt side arrive today and thinking that perhaps a team so young may be prone to being inexperienced and intimidated by an older side but hats off to them cos they did a number on us today.

How bad were the officials today though lads? Thats not to say they cost Hoddesdon the game, far from it (before someone like Rhodes accuses me of blaming them!!!) They were consistantly bad for both teams in my opinion, not least the elderly looking linesman who flagged Cheshunt offside on numerous occasions and kept on getting confused when deciding which way to point his flag! Comical at times!

Dead right Jonno.

It makes it very frustrating for both sides when the officials are weak in their decisions.

Credit to your guys for holding it together in the second half, and ending up making it a very entertaining match.

Bad refs cause so many problems that they wind up players and officals alike, and what is a good competative game can decend into an ugly game when officials are not strong enougn to deal with situations.

Glad to say that you have been very gracious to us in defeat, and really look forward to locking horns with you when you come to visit us later on in the season.

P.S

I don't know why other members of this forum have been knocking you on here, I thought that you treated the away visitors very well, and I did not see any signs of you acting the BIG ONE in any way.

Thanks again

What about the linos who wait (as instructed I presume) to see whether an offside forward actually runs after the ball? Poor player has to run because the flag's not up, but knows that when he runs it will go up! Why the hell can't we go bck to the "old days" - player offside, flag goes up.