Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

de je vu....

Uncle Urchin

seem to recall that we lost three games on the bounce this time last year and everyone panicked...until we went on a club record 31 match unbeaten streak culminating in a league and ESC double... grin

can we do it again...?

well I hear there are several new signings in the pipeline and who can say what we are capable of.... smile

get in there.... yay

I am sorry to have missed last nights game due to being away for work.I Have enjoyed trips to Tilbury in the past!

Agree with most of what has been said on various threads, recent games have been dissapointing due to number of shots taken or on target. This could be due to confidence.

Since AFC Hornchurch has been formed this is the first season we have not been out and out bankers to win our league.

Prior to this in the time I have been going to the Bridge we have not been in the same division two seasons running.

This has always been due to upward promotions.

Whilst the final Hornchurch season was a rollercoaster ending in a three league relegation. The final showing was a creditable top half finish.

Therefore we have not experienced relegation in the true sense ie due to losing matches. I do not think for one moment that relegation is a possibility this season, but we will have to fight for everything we get.

Every one at AFCH I am sure are very passionate and want the best. The team feed off the supporters and the supporters feed off the team.

As others have said it is not always just about winning but feeling proud of the spirit and effort that has been put in.

A loss away in the cup against higher opposition can give you more pride than a 7-0 victory against the divisions whipping boys.

So let's regroup unite and do the best we can in the competions we still have to fight!

I don't think so unc, according to our fixtures and results 2006-07 we did not even lose two in a row in the whole season! This time last year we had lost at Harlow Town, but we left there feeling we were hard done by. Then we won at Arlesey and lost at home to Maldon Town, probably our most disappointing result of the season, before an incredible 10 match winning streak!

It is all too obvious that we had a blinder of a season last year and we would only notice just how good it was when we struggled like we have done recently.

Originally Posted By: Wivenhoe Urchin
I don't think so unc, according to our fixtures and results 2006-07 we did not even lose two in a row in the whole season! This time last year we had lost at Harlow Town, but we left there feeling we were hard done by. Then we won at Arlesey and lost at home to Maldon Town, probably our most disappointing result of the season, before an incredible 10 match winning streak!

It is all too obvious that we had a blinder of a season last year and we would only notice just how good it was when we struggled like we have done recently.

sorry one out...

Heybridge Swifts 2-3 L 143
WELLING UNITED 1-1 D 1002
Welling United 1-3 L 712