Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ebbs CEO Resigns

Statement from the MyFC Society Board.

Early evening on Monday, the MyFC Society board were informed by the CEO of Ebbsfleet United, Mr David Davis that he wished to resign from the position of CEO. David has requested that the reasons for his decision remain confidential and the Society Board intend to honour his request and support his decision to resign. The Board thank him for what he has done for the club and the society in the last challenging year. He has agreed to help in a smooth hand over of his responsibilities to his successor.

The MyFC Society board recognised that at this time in the Fleets history where important decisions have to be made by members with guidance from the club, a decision had to be made as promptly as possible for his successor. After a lengthy discussion, the MyFC board decided by a majority decision of 6 to 1 to ask the Chairman of Ebbsfleet United Mr John Moules to take over the additional work of the CEO with immediate effect. This situation is for an interim period

of 3 months to see how events shape up at the club.

The appointment is dependant on one very important decision. We wish this decision to be voted on by the membership of MyFC, so you will soon be asked to ratify the decision if you wish. The vote will be a fast 24 hour vote so matters can be dealt with asap and we can move on. The MyFC board hopes that you will support this decision.

The MyFC Society Board.

So is the resignation a good thing or a bad thing for the club ?

Answers on a P.45, to.....................

Originally Posted By: Big J R

Answers on a P.45, to.....................

As it is hard to identify exactly DD's achievements, I don't feel his resignation will make a lot of difference. The question is why. Is BK about to take over?

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
That depends on whether you csupport Fleet or not.

I'm totally neutral as far as the club is concerned.

I just don't like to see any football club ruined because of money or personal politics.

Originally Posted By: Darter
The decision has been ratified by a very large majority.

What decision exactly has been ratified Sal? That MYFC accept his decision and for John Moules to step in for the next 3 months while a democratic vote takes place on his successor?

Originally Posted By: Big JR

That depends on whether you csupport Fleet or not.

So, was his resignation bad for Ebbsfleet FC from a local supporters point of view? If we don't ask the question, we won't know the answer...

Bad thing.
DD brought a lot of business acumen to the club, tightened things which were "slack" and was very approachable, as evidenced by his contributions on the official site.
I wonder whether JM can cover both jobs adequately?

are you fckn serious....?

he did fck all except get rid of the profits from the food outlets and get aero into the tea bar...the losses are the same as they were at 60k per month and the club is on the verge of extinction....

he failed to deal with the interference from paddington and failed to deal with the interference from daish...in fact he failed all around.....

one point worth thinking about as well....he obviously knew what plan B was and didn't like it...

Yes Jane, the decision to appoint Mr Moules in the interim has been ratified. These were the votes (out of a total voting membership of about 9,600, less than 700 people voted):

Yes : 583
No : 61
I abstain : 24

I find that rather worrying, if the figures are correct.

Approx 7.5 % of the membership bother to vote !

Apathy ?

Lack of communication ?

Massaged figures ?

Again - I'm not having a dig or a snipe. I find it hard to believe that in a free-vote, the 'turn-out' is less than in a general or local electionm !

Originally Posted By: Big J R
Yes Jane, the decision to appoint Mr Moules in the interim has been ratified. These were the votes (out of a total voting membership of about 9,600, less than 700 people voted):

Yes : 583
No : 61
I abstain : 24

I find that rather worrying, if the figures are correct.

Approx 7.5 % of the membership bother to vote !
Apathy ?

Lack of communication ?

Massaged figures ?

Again - I'm not having a dig or a snipe. I find it hard to believe that in a free-vote, the 'turn-out' is less than in a general or local electionm !

Is this the 'Wisdom of the Crowd', this whole set up was supposed to support?
The Wisdom of the Crowd was to walk away, at renewal time!

'