Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 25th February (Fixtures & Results)

roll on tuesday :)

Its a must win game for Hoddesdon Town if they want to maintain their hopes to achieve automatic promotion

Edited by Karen Browne

great day for us today but with 5 injuries to starting players the squad will be tested over the next couple of weeks . roll on tuesday :)

Mate if you can get a prem wage budget ;-) and fly me back 1st class I can be persuaded out of retirement! :-))

Edited by Winslow Boy

DIVISION ONE

0-5 Kentish Town v London Colney

That's the surprise result of the season for me!

Results

PREMIER DIVISION

0-5 Hertford Town v Dunstable Town

From TK Forum

SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION

HERTFORD TOWN 0 DUNSTABLE TOWN 5 Attendance-85 (Villan h/c) Admission-£2 (wrinklies) Programme-£1

The scoreline does not reflect the game- perhaps 10-0 would be a fairer reflection of the gulf between these 2 sides. The away had won by a similar score at top of the table Royston Town the week before. The homesters were a complete shambles with no organisation on or off the pitch. By half-time the game was won with Dunstable 4 goals to the good. They eased off in the second half, but even when down to 10 men (all subs used and then an injury) the visitors completely dominated proceedings and their keeper never had a shot to save. Hertingfordbury Park is a pleasant venue with an old main stand on the near side and a long area of cover behind the near goal, although clearer signposting of the ground off West Street would have been useful, as it is hidden down a track and not visible from the road.

The 3 GBG`s in THIS year`s guide, White Horse, Old Cross and Old Barge, all with a wide selection of interesting beers, were visited before/after the game as well as a swift half in the Six Templars (Weatherspoons).Good day out and nice to see Mr Villan , for the first time this year, in better health.

PREMIER DIVISION

2-1 Tring Athletic v Leverstock Green

Both sides of the story:

http://www.tafc.co.uk/report.php?fixture_id=1761

http://www.levgreenfc.co.uk/MatchReport.php?File=20120225

DIVISION ONE

2-3 Stony Stratford Town v Langford

A report on this affair from another Forum:

Stony Stratford Town 2-3 Langford

Spartan South Midlands 1st Division

It's only four days since I last saw Langford, and the two games had a lot in common. A comfortable lead at half time, which could easily have been more, followed by a second half reversal of fortunes. This time however, their 3-0 lead was enough as Stony Stratford could only claw two back. One chance in particular should have been converted.

Just the one stand here, but it's of the sensible type offering seating with standing room behind. Why aren't there more around? The clubhouse is some distance from the pitch, you have to walk past a croquet green and the length of a football pitch, presumably for the reserves, to the main ground.

Programme has a cover price of 50p. It's better than most, both in terms of content and quality of paper it's printed on. It did feature a summary of the costs of going out to watch SSML football.

PREMIER DIVISION

0-5 Hertford Town v Dunstable Town

A report on this rout from another Forum:

SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION

HERTFORD TOWN 0 DUNSTABLE TOWN 5 Attendance-85 (Villan h/c) Admission-£2 (wrinklies) Programme-£1

The scoreline does not reflect the game- perhaps 10-0 would be a fairer reflection of the gulf between these 2 sides. The away had won by a similar score at top of the table Royston Town the week before. The homesters were a complete shambles with no organisation on or off the pitch. By half-time the game was won with Dunstable 4 goals to the good. They eased off in the second half, but even when down to 10 men (all subs used and then an injury) the visitors completely dominated proceedings and their keeper never had a shot to save. Hertingfordbury Park is a pleasant venue with an old main stand on the near side and a long area of cover behind the near goal, although clearer signposting of the ground off West Street would have been useful, as it is hidden down a track and not visible from the road.

The 3 GBG`s in THIS year`s guide, White Horse, Old Cross and Old Barge, all with a wide selection of interesting beers, were visited before/after the game as well as a swift half in the Six Templars (Weatherspoons).Good day out and nice to see Mr Villan , for the first time this year, in better health.

Mr Rhodes, I have another question for you.

Are you some kind of fool ???

The 2 match reports you have posted, were already posted on Saturday evening by other members on this very thread.

Do you not pay attention to other posts ???

If so that it is very very rude & very very self indulgent !

Fobs (I hope you don't mind me calling you that?), you may not be aware that our Cliff's posts are subject to pre-approval by a moderator (he's been a bad boy in the past, and rather than impose a lifetime ban, like those another people did, he has to wait while his posts are approved or deleted). Peehaps that is why it looks like he's being a tit.

Edited by Horace

Mr Rhodes, I have another question for you.

Are you some kind of fool ???

The 2 match reports you have posted, were already posted on Saturday evening by other members on this very thread.

Do you not pay attention to other posts ???

If so that it is very very rude & very very self indulgent !

Fobs (I hope you don't mind me calling you that?), you may not be aware that our Cliff's posts are subject to pre-approval by a moderator (he's been a bad boy in the past, and rather than impose a lifetime ban, like those another people did, he has to wait while his posts are approved or deleted). Peehaps that is why it looks like he's being a tit.

No, he's still a tit. When his posts are approved and shown the time he posted them are at the top of the post. On this occasion showing that the previous reports had already been showing long before Cliffy decided to be a .....tit.

Hope that doesn't confuse people. Or Mr Ola.

2-2 Holmer Green v Hanwell Town

Overall i thought we were the better team. We should have been 3 0 up after 30mins but we didnt take our chances and it came back to haunt us. The pitch was poor but the ground was a nice place to watch a football match it was a nice,open and green ground and the club seemed a friendly club they also had a nice clubhouse.

Mr Horace, you can call me Fobs, you are my friend.

How come Mr Clifford never learn his lesson from being a naughty man in the past ?

I look forward to being at my very first SSML match tomorrow night. It will be very very enjoyable !

Fobs mate, I'm thinking of going to that game myself. I will look out for you, and if my friend Jonno is there, we will get an invite into the boardroom with Mr RefOffRef!

Mr Horace, you can call me Fobs, you are my friend.

How come Mr Clifford never learn his lesson from being a naughty man in the past ?

I look forward to being at my very first SSML match tomorrow night. It will be very very enjoyable !

Fobs mate, I'm thinking of going to that game myself. I will look out for you, and if my friend Jonno is there, we will get an invite into the boardroom with Mr RefOffRef!

Alas I can't make it. I'll be with the reserves at the st mags game. Otherwise I'd have arranged for tea and cake all round in the boardroom Horace (despite your warped comments last week regarding out promotion aspirations!!) Gutted I'm missing it to be honest. Will be a great game and would have been good to see some of you all.