Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Run Out Music

Well I am self-employed, live in Gloucester, vote UKIP and I love all those bands mentioned plus the Quo, XTC, Def Leppard, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Duran Duran and many other bands. So you only got one out of four there. I also like more obscure musicians like Ollie Halsall, Jaco Pastorius, Porcupine Tree, The Mercurymen and Tin Spirits.

I favour bland and predictable over the likes of Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga. Now they, to me, are 'boring as f**k.'

Oh dear. Admitting you vote UKIP on a public forum. Still, it's 2012 and we have to accept weird minorites who's heads are screwed on back to front as part of our society.

My personal view is that if you don't like Europe then f off somewhere else but most anti-Europeans haven't got the balls to act on their convictions.

Now't wrong with being anti-euro.

Countries going bust, and they still have the bl00dy cheek to order us about and suck as much money from us as they can to pay for their corrupt policies and ministers.

The sooner we get out, the better !

Bank Holiday rant over !

Well I am self-employed, live in Gloucester, vote UKIP and I love all those bands mentioned plus the Quo, XTC, Def Leppard, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Duran Duran and many other bands. So you only got one out of four there. I also like more obscure musicians like Ollie Halsall, Jaco Pastorius, Porcupine Tree, The Mercurymen and Tin Spirits.

I favour bland and predictable over the likes of Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga. Now they, to me, are 'boring as f**k.'

Oh dear. Admitting you vote UKIP on a public forum. Still, it's 2012 and we have to accept weird minorites who's heads are screwed on back to front as part of our society.

My personal view is that if you don't like Europe then f off somewhere else but most anti-Europeans haven't got the balls to act on their convictions.

Now't wrong with being anti-euro.

Countries going bust, and they still have the bl00dy cheek to order us about and suck as much money from us as they can to pay for their corrupt policies and ministers.

The sooner we get out, the better !

Bank Holiday rant over !

+ 1, very well said Big JR.

who in there right mind go's to sheerwater.

I guess their fans, players and management staff do.

I worked on the estate when they had new aerials etc installed across the Woking Borough. I have worked all over doing it and can honestly say that Sheerwater is far better off than many estates I have worked on.

Based on your statement, is the problem Sheerwater itself or were you referring to the football club. If the football club then it would be good to get some views as to how we can improve your experience there. Maybe we could start a thread on how every club could make improvements based on the views of supporters etc.

One relatively inexpensive way to draw crowds in is by doing comedy or band nights (either new bands or tribute acts).

This is my line of work, as I used to work for an agency and set my own one up two years ago. If you ever need any ideas drop me a PM.

Further to the above - one band that will spark interest are the Tin Spirits:

The band comprise David Gregory (Guitarist, formerly with XTC from 1979 to 1999), Mark Kilminster (Bass and Vocals, previously with Stamford Amp), Dan Steinhardt (Guitarist, formerly with Max Sharam) and Doug Mussard (Drums, formerly with Ludwig Beatles).

They aren't the cheapest band to hire (you're looking upwards of £600 for two hours or 18 songs) but as you'll see from the attached videos they are quality as you'd expect from four musicians who have years of playing experience behind them:

[media=]

[/media] - Cover of XTC's 'No Language In Our Lungs'

[media=]

[/media] - Cover of Rush's 'Tom Sawyer'

[media=]

[/media] - Cover of Yes's 'Roundabout'

As well as covers, the band have started to compose their own material. This is a great song by them called 'Broken'

[media=]

[/media]

To contact the band, email them info@tinspirits.co.uk. Their website - tinspirits.co.uk is also well worth a look and you can order their debut album Wired To Earth as well as T-Shirts etc. from there.

Edited by AdamKing(wasAK11)

I worked on the estate when they had new aerials etc installed across the Woking Borough. I have worked all over doing it and can honestly say that Sheerwater is far better off than many estates I have worked on.

Based on your statement, is the problem Sheerwater itself or were you referring to the football club. If the football club then it would be good to get some views as to how we can improve your experience there. Maybe we could start a thread on how every club could make improvements based on the views of supporters etc.

YV with the windfall Sheerwater will be getting, there should be no problems with the club if managed right both on and off the pitch.

In a few years time, they could be in the position and be a force to be reckoned with.

Could infact be a surprise package this coming season....... ;) !

Edited by NICE GUY

"If you go down to The Woods today......." :D

[media=]

[/media]

OH DEAR !!!!

Guernsey FC has One Vision by Queen

and Roary sometimes comes out to A Lion Sleeps Tonight....

YV with the windfall Sheerwater will be getting, there should be no problems with the club if managed right both on and off the pitch.

In a few years time, they could be in the position and be a force to be reckoned with.

A windfall eh? Lucky them!

The main thing is to attract more fans and build up a good supporter base.

Charity games are usually good for this - I was at Malvern last summer when they did a Help For Heroes day. They had a BBQ, Quad Bikes and two 90 minute matches between Aston Villa Fans and Wolves Fans and Manchester United Fans and Liverpool Fans. They raised £5,000 on the day as well as their profile within the community.

Also, what about pre-booking a friendly with a local side e.g. Shalford or Surrey Rangers for November to raise money for Children In Need. That's always a big charity event - or why not stage a Combined Counties XI v Celebrity XI there for a chosen charity at Sheerwater. Here's a link which could be useful: http://www.endofyourrainbow.co.uk/celebrityunited/celebrityunitedhome.html.

Book acts for the clubhouse (send me a PM if you need advice on booking) and stage Summer Football Camps to get the kids fit and active and off the PS3/XBox. Plus, it gives Mum and Dad a break!

One for the future - try and get a big name side to come down for pre-season! If Westfields (Herefordshire/Cider Country not Woking!) can get Blackburn down for a game on the 25th then with a bit of luck and ingenuity you might get a Premiership/League side to visit one day.

The main thing is to attract more fans and build up a good supporter base.

Charity games are usually good for this - I was at Malvern last summer when they did a Help For Heroes day. They had a BBQ, Quad Bikes and two 90 minute matches between Aston Villa Fans and Wolves Fans and Manchester United Fans and Liverpool Fans. They raised £5,000 on the day as well as their profile within the community.

Also, what about pre-booking a friendly with a local side e.g. Shalford or Surrey Rangers for November to raise money for Children In Need. That's always a big charity event - or why not stage a Combined Counties XI v Celebrity XI there for a chosen charity at Sheerwater. Here's a link which could be useful: http://www.endofyourrainbow.co.uk/celebrityunited/celebrityunitedhome.html.

Book acts for the clubhouse (send me a PM if you need advice on booking) and stage Summer Football Camps to get the kids fit and active and off the PS3/XBox. Plus, it gives Mum and Dad a break!

One for the future - try and get a big name side to come down for pre-season! If Westfields (Herefordshire/Cider Country not Woking!) can get Blackburn down for a game on the 25th then with a bit of luck and ingenuity you might get a Premiership/League side to visit one day.

I'm no good at setting all that kind of stuff up but will mention it to the club, thanks. ;)

A windfall eh? Lucky them!

....Yep wait and see what develops at Sheerwater.......you heard it here first folks....LOL ;) !