Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 2nd February - Fixtures, Results

My footy fix for today is North Greenford United v Godalming Town.

Havent been to North Greenford United in years.

North Greenford United 2 Godalming Town 4

North Greenford United remind me of Hanwell Town last season.

Edited by Savagebee

A Groundhopper's View

South Midlands League 2 : Wolverton Town 2 Hale Leys United 4. Adm free, Programme £1. Att 25 (hc)

A rare Saturday close to home after a number of long drives recently. A number of posters have been here before me and I can't have been paying too much attention to detail as this was much more basic than I'd imagined it would be. The ground is in the Greenleys area and gives a good first impression with a sizeable enclosed car park and a lively clubhouse through which you enter to reach the pitch. Beyond that, it's a roped off pitch with another beyond and a third pitch at right-angles behind the right hand goal. Programmes were available from behind the bar for £1. No food available, nor sightings of hot drinks so a bottle of Hobgoblin and bag of nuts it had to be.

Hinckley-based hopper Dave Makins provided excellent company throughout a decent game with the home team, bottom of the league, looking liable to concede from every decent attack but they weren't killed off until the 83rd minute. A couple of other spectators may have been hoppers but there were many more in the warmth of the clubhouse necking lager than stood outside in the chill.

Pre-match tipple at the nearest GBG, The White Horse on Stony Stratford High Street and home for six. It won't catch on.......

They that good then tongue.png

Im afrad so they will do well to stay up me thinks!

FA CARLSBERG VASE Fourth Round Proper

3-0 Ampthill Town v Enfield 1893

What a great result.

Mind you though, we have found the Essex Senior teams pretty poor in the past but still well done, you can only beat what is put in front of you.

True they were poor on the day, but having previously beaten Newport Pagnell and Dunstable Town nothing was taken for granted.

Because they're idiots! That's a quote by the way, I was playing on adjacent pitch and just chatting in the bar

Because we were singing and supporting our team? :rolleyes:

It literally was just that - must be unheard of in St. Margaretsbury! I could understand if we were being derogatory/abusive but there was none of that.

So was there any expansion on idiot? I was one of them!

Edited by greenduck

Because we were singing and supporting our team? rolleyes.gif

It literally was just that - must be unheard of in St. Margaretsbury!

I found St Margaretsbury very vocal when they played us both times this season.They had a few female supporters screeching them on to victory against us.

Edited by Savagebee

I found St Margaretsbury very vocal when they played us both times this season.They had a few female supporters screeching them on to victory against us.

Not the only one then! It is so annoying to listen to when you're actually playing! Also Mr Savagebee, likelihood of Tuesday being on? Not sure as both of our games were off today, we may be slightly rusty!

A Groundhopper's View

South Midlands League 2 : Wolverton Town 2 Hale Leys United 4. Adm free, Programme £1. Att 25 (hc)

A rare Saturday close to home after a number of long drives recently. A number of posters have been here before me and I can't have been paying too much attention to detail as this was much more basic than I'd imagined it would be. The ground is in the Greenleys area and gives a good first impression with a sizeable enclosed car park and a lively clubhouse through which you enter to reach the pitch. Beyond that, it's a roped off pitch with another beyond and a third pitch at right-angles behind the right hand goal. Programmes were available from behind the bar for £1. No food available, nor sightings of hot drinks so a bottle of Hobgoblin and bag of nuts it had to be.

Hinckley-based hopper Dave Makins provided excellent company throughout a decent game with the home team, bottom of the league, looking liable to concede from every decent attack but they weren't killed off until the 83rd minute. A couple of other spectators may have been hoppers but there were many more in the warmth of the clubhouse necking lager than stood outside in the chill.

Pre-match tipple at the nearest GBG, The White Horse on Stony Stratford High Street and home for six. It won't catch on.......

There were hot drinks available if he had asked, I made a couple at half time for another hopper, plently of snacks also available behind the bar.

PREMIER DIVISION

P-P Haringey Borough v Berkhamsted

Same old story I see, nothing changes does it!

Rhodes wouldn't know, he has been very bitter towards Haringey Borough since they asked him to leave - a move that has resulted in him being banned at Coles Park.

His posting is yet again another of his attempts to stir things to sully the good name of the good people at Haringey Borough

Am I right in believing/knowing that Haringey have a new local sponsorship with Selco (believe/know there is new Selco opposite the ground?)

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/index.php?p=sponsors