Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 2nd February - Fixtures, Results

20130202_144550.jpg

I was at Herns Lane to see WGC V Cockfosters... as you can see the pitch was like a bowling green. It was what I'd describe as a proper footy pitch.

Match report and highlights will follow on TheColdEnd later in the day.

Congratulations to Ampthill Town on their victory. Great stuff for the SSMFL.

Am I right in believing/knowing that Haringey have a new local sponsorship with Selco (believe/know there is new Selco opposite the ground?)

I believe you're referring to 'Buckingham Group Contracting', a firm with their Head Office in Stowe in Buckinghamshire, it has been highlighted on here previously that there's some mystery surrounding the sponsorship

Not the only one then! It is so annoying to listen to when you're actually playing! Also Mr Savagebee, likelihood of Tuesday being on? Not sure as both of our games were off today, we may be slightly rusty!

As yesterdays game was called off i would say there is more chance of Tuesdays game being on now. We have had no rain for the last two days.

The home game against Berkhamstead two Sats ago killed our pitch and it needs a bit of time to recover now and if we dont have to much rain between now and Tuesday i would 100% say it will be game on.

Well surely you remember, I'll try to find the thread and post a link

I believe you're referring to 'Buckingham Group Contracting', a firm with their Head Office in Stowe in Buckinghamshire, it has been highlighted on here previously that there's some mystery surrounding the sponsorship

Nothing mysterious - http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/index.php?p=news&page=6

Karen - Yes but that's a link to Haringey Borough's website isn't it, what about the thread on here a while back that questionned why a large company based in Buckinghamshire should sponsor, or want to sponsor, Haringey Borough

Im loving that....copy and paste at its best!

Winslow Boy - The mystery is why would a large firm with their Head Office in Stowe in Buckinghamshire, and a North West office in Warrington, want to sponsor Haringey Borough, it doesn't make any sense:

http://www.buckinghamgroup.co.uk/about-us/company-background

Karen - Yes but that's a link to Haringey Borough's website isn't it, what about the thread on here a while back that questionned why a large company based in Buckinghamshire should sponsor, or want to sponsor, Haringey Borough

Buckingham's site foreman Stephen Bucknall stated " We are delighted to be able to offer our services. The opportunity arose as a result of our close proximity to the Club and we felt that if we could make a difference to the Club we would be more than willing to assist. We are keen as a Company to help where we can and are delighted that our services have been so gratefully received by a group of hard working individuals at the Club. We are well aware of the cost of such works to Club's in the position of Haringey Borough and we hope that our intervention and assistance will go some way to helping the Club achieve it's aims and ambitions "

Edited by Karen Browne

Winslow Boy - The mystery is why would a large firm with their Head Office in Stowe in Buckinghamshire, and a North West office in Warrington, want to sponsor Haringey Borough, it doesn't make any sense:

http://www.buckinghamgroup.co.uk/about-us/company-background

I know mate the world is a confusing place for you, try not to worry the few brain cells you have about it

The opportunity arose as a result of our close proximity to the Club

Karen - But the company are based some 60 miles from Coles Park as the crow flies

an Essex League team that beat Newport Pagnell and Dunstable, who by the way beat you comfortably. Not that poor then?

Blimey dont get the hump. I did not even mention Enfield, I was just saying the teams we have played were not great. I did congratulate Ampthill.

Why do Ampthill followers get so defensive ?

Edited by OD's

Not much chance of ours being played on wednesday then savagebee as rain and snow due tomorrow and tuesday.

Your game should be ok but i dont know what state the pitch will be in after our game on Tuesday if its on.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2640368