Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures - 5th/6th/7th February

F/cking joke. Ref and Linos falling over themselves to give everything to Codicote tonight. Clear ridiculously clear offside goal in 92nd min. Lost one nil.

You must be well cheesed off WB. With Buckingham Athletic seemingly in a tailspin, it was an opportunity to get on their tails as well as helping in the relegation fight. With your reserves also looking more organised than theirs bragging rights will have to be put on hold a little longer.

You must be well cheesed off WB. With Buckingham Athletic seemingly in a tailspin, it was an opportunity to get on their tails as well as helping in the relegation fight. With your reserves also looking more organised than theirs bragging rights will have to be put on hold a little longer.

Nail on head mate. Way it goes I guess, would have been nice to get another clean sheet. Still plenty more points up for grabs and we hae improved immeasurably. In other news Brackley have come in for Claude Seanla, pleased for the lad and Perry already has a quality replacement if he does go.

DUDLEY LATHAM MEMORIAL (Premier Division) CUP Quarter Finals

2-2* Haringey Borough v Tring Athletic (Tring Athletic won 3-2 on penalties)

Haringey Borough are starting to make England look good at penalties aren't they, firstly Wingate & Finchley and now Tring Athletic

We deserved more, referee was poor. Hanwell are quite organised but can see weaknesses in their back line, unfortunately poor defending cost us. Poor discipline as well, myself getting booked rather stupidly. Interesting to see what Savagebee says, especially regarding the scuffle.

Winslow boy- After your comments regarding Gosling earlier in the season completely slating it. I was expecting to be going to a decent ground and set up today. Not small changing rooms with a dribble for a shower. Having to warm up in the dark behind the goal where it wasn't even possible to pass a ball before the game. Then playing on a sloped pitch with it filled with sand which wouldn't have looked out of place in the beach volleyball in the Olympics.

Maybe people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!

Regarding the game. We had 10 men for the last 20 minutes as we had used all our subs and one of them went off injured. And you boys were timewasting and playing for a draw. Shows you were hanging on and deserved nothing from the game. Surely you should have gone for the win!

Winslow boy- After your comments regarding Gosling earlier in the season completely slating it. I was expecting to be going to a decent ground and set up today. Not small changing rooms with a dribble for a shower. Having to warm up in the dark behind the goal where it wasn't even possible to pass a ball before the game. Then playing on a sloped pitch with it filled with sand which wouldn't have looked out of place in the beach volleyball in the Olympics.

Maybe people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!

Regarding the game. We had 10 men for the last 20 minutes as we had used all our subs and one of them went off injured. And you boys were timewasting and playing for a draw. Shows you were hanging on and deserved nothing from the game. Surely you should have gone for the win!

I've already clearly stated the problems with our pitch on here I don't hide anything, massive drainage issues at the minute and several (more than) tons of sand on it. If you think Gosling is alright and anything I said was wrong then you are off your head fella. As for warming up behind the pitch, given state of the pitch what would have been more sensible option? no brainer surely. Sloped pitch? think you must have wonkey legs. as for glass houses when you have your own one then come and have a chat. We tried to force the issue a bit I felt but didnt have enough quality of ball, but we have been in bottom two all season and still trying to find any sort of form. You guys were solid defensively and bossed middle of the park for large periods, a second clean sheet and a point would have represented a good return for us. Other than double save Peno can't think our keeper had a lot to do, neither did yours. Shrievesy missed a sitter by his standards and Setterfield smacked the post. Don't recall any time wasting and our centre half seemed to decide he was gonna play up front at times too.

Btw showers are f/cking sh!t you can blame the council for that we have been trying to get them fixed ever since and a long time before the council allegedly 'fixed' them the first time!!

Edited by Winslow Boy

Having been to Winslow many times I really like the club. Nice feel, secretary is lovely too.

However-I can see that lighting is needed in the warm up area...aside from that-lovely! As for the pitch not being flat... :rolleyes:

A lot of time for Winslow=practically new squad and a HUGE jump into div 1, and you've made it quite well- improved a lot, and will continue to do so next season. Coud easily finish mid table if not higher next season.

Having been to Winslow many times I really like the club. Nice feel, secretary is lovely too.

However-I can see that lighting is needed in the warm up area...aside from that-lovely! As for the pitch not being flat... :rolleyes:

A lot of time for Winslow=practically new squad and a HUGE jump into div 1, and you've made it quite well- improved a lot, and will continue to do so next season. Coud easily finish mid table if not higher next season.

Perry is taking care of training lights in summer mate. Plans for new clubhouse with 6 big changing rooms. Lots of improvements ahead state of pitch is source of some embarrassment but somewhat out of our hands re drainage issue as its not on the ground drains blocked around ground. We will get there slowly but surely on and off pitch

Game off game on I wish southall would organise themselves properly, being told the match is defiantly off at 11am, then texting players to let them know. Half hour later being told game might be on as they have. Overlooked that they have to get a referee in to decide if the match can be played. Ridiculous. Ah we'll another day in non league football.

Game off game on I wish southall would organise themselves properly, being told the match is defiantly off at 11am, then texting players to let them know. Half hour later being told game might be on as they have. Overlooked that they have to get a referee in to decide if the match can be played. Ridiculous. Ah well another day in non league football

Yes, it reminds me of a certain Club the honourable gentleman belongs to

Perry is taking care of training lights in summer mate. Plans for new clubhouse with 6 big changing rooms. Lots of improvements ahead state of pitch is source of some embarrassment but somewhat out of our hands re drainage issue as its not on the ground drains blocked around ground. We will get there slowly but surely on and off pitch

Had a chat with Perry pre-season. Nice guy, just needs to cut that hair! ;)

Well improvements facilities wise can only come slowly, don't risk on pitch success for it.

However, progress on the pitch seems inevitable- getting out of Division 2 was one of the best things possible for the club.

In what capacity are you involved with Winslow, WB?