Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures - 5th/6th/7th February

Had a chat with Perry pre-season. Nice guy, just needs to cut that hair! ;)

Well improvements facilities wise can only come slowly, don't risk on pitch success for it.

However, progress on the pitch seems inevitable- getting out of Division 2 was one of the best things possible for the club.

In what capacity are you involved with Winslow, WB?

Defo. Haha he gets loads of stick for his hair I reckon it's alright he should do shampoo adverts lol. He's a sound guy, very passionate and working hard for the club. I have no involvement now, ex player. Stopped playing when i was 20 the 2000/01 was my last season but had some successful and great years there. Have made handful of appearances to help out over the years. Just a supporter mainly from afar these days I am arranging an interesting friendly very similar to one I organised a few years ago should raise a few bob and a large crowd. I am also hoping to attract some sponsorship too. Long family history at the club too.

Edited by Winslow Boy

Defo. Haha he gets loads of stick for his hair I reckon it's alright he should do shampoo adverts lol. He's a sound guy, very passionate and working hard for the club. I have no involvement now, ex player. Stopped playing when i was 20 the 2000/01 was my last season but had some successful and great years there. Have made handful of appearances to help out over the years. Just a supporter mainly from afar these days I am arranging an interesting friendly very similar to one I organised a few years ago should raise a few bob and a large crowd. I am also hoping to attract some sponsorship too. Long family history at the club too.

haha, where he flicks it over the shoulder! classic!

Fair enough, 20? You must have started playing early ;)

Glad to see you're still involved- let us all know about the friendly, would like to get over to Winslow again, and pre-seasons are always an exciting and good time to do it!

haha, where he flicks it over the shoulder! classic!

Fair enough, 20? You must have started playing early ;)

Glad to see you're still involved- let us all know about the friendly, would like to get over to Winslow again, and pre-seasons are always an exciting and good time to do it!

Haha yeah exactly

Debut at 14 away to Houghton then couple of productive years in ressies then some really enjoyable seasons with 1sts.

Re friendly absolutely will. Hoping to beat attendance record of 1600. Might do a cheeky little forum members discount on ticket. ;-)

We deserved more, referee was poor. Hanwell are quite organised but can see weaknesses in their back line, unfortunately poor defending cost us. Poor discipline as well, myself getting booked rather stupidly. Interesting to see what Savagebee says, especially regarding the scuffle.

I thought we deserved the 3 points a bad mistake by our keeper gifted Holmer there goal but once we got our 3rd goal i thought it was job done.

Holmer Green look a young side and they will do well to finish out of the bottom two. I was told that there keeper was the 7th keeper they have played this season ?.

Holmer Green seem short of fire power and i feel they rely to much on D.Allen.

Regarding the scuffle i was was watching the game from the other side but i wasnt happy with our players getting involved as we were 3 1 up at the time. Thought the Ref seemed to take ages to sort it all out.

Anyway i hope Holmer Green stay up

Cant be arsed arguing on here..but...

WINSLOW -"Sloped pitch? think you must have wonkey legs. as for glass houses when you have your own one then come and have a chat"

The pitch is on a slope.

You put come have a chat when we have our own ground.

What's council got to do with the showers then if its your own ground!

Get a room with neutral boy

Cant be arsed arguing on here..but...

WINSLOW -"Sloped pitch? think you must have wonkey legs. as for glass houses when you have your own one then come and have a chat"

The pitch is on a slope.

You put come have a chat when we have our own ground.

What's council got to do with the showers then if its your own ground!

Get a room with neutral boy

Yawn. You cant be bothered but still do it anyway. Nice one. You really want a full explanation of the situation I can give you one. short one is the buolding is a sports and social club and is a council building (which we dont pay anything formuse of we maintain it) the ground is ours. that clear enough for you or shall I put it in picture form? Also 20 mins with ten men? Try five or six. Bore off. However you are a very good side and we mugged you in away game really. Best of luck for rest season think you are a top 5/6 no question. Hopefully Furness back doon, class player. Was never having a pop at club just the dump of a ground and in particular the joke of a walk to pitch. not the only one to say so, just saying what I think, if you don't like it I don't really care.

Edited by Winslow Boy

Winslow Boy' Also 20 mins with ten men? Try five or six and only cos he didn't fancy it.

Think its a bit harsh to say he didn't fancy it as he spent most night in a and e with a dislocated shoulder. I can upload the xray on here if you want

Winslow Boy' Also 20 mins with ten men? Try five or six and only cos he didn't fancy it.

Think its a bit harsh to say he didn't fancy it as he spent most night in a and e with a dislocated shoulder. I can upload the xray on here if you want

Fair enough I just edited that out as one of the lads just said to me he was proper hurt. unreserved apology and wish him a full and speedy recovery, didn't look bad and I was right by it at the time but obviously I am bang wrong there.

Edited by Winslow Boy

What three teams.

Not sure if you are asking what three teams are involved, or how can three teams equal a great run in?

The more you look at the more it looks like actually only two. Can Oxhey stop DTFC? Can Oxhey go up does anyone know?

Edited by Winslow Boy

Not sure if you are asking what three teams are involved, or how can three teams equal a great run in?

The more you look at the more it looks like actually only two. Can Oxhey stop DTFC? Can Oxhey go up does anyone know?

Sorry it was Neutral Fan said:

In other news- prem title race is now between just three teams.

I wondered what were his three teams for the tital race.

Sorry it was Neutral Fan said:

In other news- prem title race is now between just three teams.

I wondered what were his three teams for the tital race.

I would thin DTFC, Oxhey and Aylesbury as St Mags seem to have slipped away but even Aylesbury are now probably too far behind, still hopefully not. DTFC have had a fine season and probably really need to go up, Oxhey going great guns and Aylesbury are heavyweights who alway aiming for the title. It's very interesting.

I would thin DTFC, Oxhey and Aylesbury as St Mags seem to have slipped away but even Aylesbury are now probably too far behind, still hopefully not. DTFC have had a fine season and probably really need to go up, Oxhey going great guns and Aylesbury are heavyweights who alway aiming for the title. It's very interesting.

Should be a good end to the season anyway! Oxhey have applied for promotion so assume they can go up.

Should be a good end to the season anyway! Oxhey have applied for promotion so assume they can go up.

Anyone can apply (think the deadline is 31st December), but the ground grading needs to be in place (and FA assessed) by 31st March.

Oxhey have got decent facilities so hopefully they shouldn't have too much to do although some odd things do get picked up on these inspections

Edited by tringarmy