Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Jack Mullan

Swifty

All the best to Jack. Hoping the operation goes well and that you have a speedy recovery, mate.

I wasn't at the game and, if I had been, I'm not sure I could have been responsible for my actions.

I'd refused to watch Burnham for several seasons after Paul Johnson got his leg broken by vermin in their colours and the ref didn't even send the ba$tard off. It appears lightning struck again last night.

I've read a report on another (neutral) forum which confirms the ref did nothing about the assault last night or the foul preceding our first red card, and that Burnham 'got away with an over-aggressive performance, which was horrible to watch'.

Unless it's a big cup game or promotion / relegation decider, I'm never wasting time or money on watching those thugs again.

I am very sorry to hear about Jack's injury, from Alan's report it sounds like a really nasty one, but lets hope for the best.

I thought that the first prority and responsiblity of a referee is the safety of the players? It would appear that last night's ref did nothing to safeguard Jack's welfare.

I have just had an update on Jack from Ben, which sadly is not great news:

He has broken both his leg and his ankle and shattered his ligaments. He is undergoing an operation this morning and will need another one very soon afterwards. He is in good spirits.

Ben is returning to the hospital later and will update us if anything changes.

Sorry to wade in, seeing as I wasn't there, but what the Hell was the referee playing at? Which bit of the challenge and the career-threatening injuries to Jack didn't cause an immediate alarm bell in the ref's head?

It sounds like Burnham thought this gave them free reign to carry on. Had the ref sent the first thug off, it may well have prevented the second challenge I've read about, and it may not have caused our lads to become so incensed.

Are Ashford able to ask the powers that be never to have this ref officiating one of our games again...and can Jack sue for the injury?

Interested to read the neutral report Ed. where do I find it?

I was at the game last night but I really am too angry and disgusted to comment at the moment.

I was unfortunate enough to be a spectator last night and can emphatically state that I have never witnessed such a bunch of thugs disguised as a football team before in my life. At first I thought that the pub team from The Shaggy Calf on the Britwell estate had turned up but soon realised that this was an insult to them. They totally bullied and controlled the referee and line staff so much that it became embarrasing. I'm not even going to mention the game at all , just hope that their crap team and their crap supporters are not in the same league as us next year.

All the BEST Jack, wishing you a Full and speedy recovery mate.

Sounds awful and we end up with 8 players against 10 to put the icing on the cake as well :shrug:

Fingers crossed for Jack and wishing him all the best for a full recovery and out there in the Tangerine and White next season

Popped in on way home from work and received some better news on Jack.

The operation was successful this morning in terms of resetting leg and ankle, so much so that the hospital has now decided, that he is good to go home this evening.

Long road to recovery, but knowing Jack like we all do, he will work as hard as possible to get back playing

Ben

Sounds horrifying, as does the quality of refereeing.

Indeed Burn'them sound worthy of the phrase Alehouse Footballers, or words to that effect uttered by the late great Bill Shankly towards a team whose name escapes me (selective amnesia).

I genuinely hope that Burnham get promoted, to give decent footballing sides like us some respite.

Scum.

Jack - you have my best wishes for a full recovery in the fullness of time. If I was a lawyer, I'd pay you for the pleasure of taking that arsehole for every penny.

Good to know that you appear to be on the mend, Jack.

I don't know how you earn a living outside of playing for Ashford, but I hope you are not too badly affected.

All the very best, and I hope you are looked after.

I'm ashamed to say I don't completely know, but I think Jack (or as he's very much affectionately known by some after a club admin error, Jock) is studying for a sports science degree and he was captain of his university football team before the 'assault'.

I'll be there on the terraces to welcome Jack back. I can't actually believe he left hospital the same day as the operation - either they were short of hospital beds or, more likely, Jack's so fit and tough that he could manage such a feat - but the fact Jack wants to come back to watch the lads a mere three days after his op makes me feel humble and yes, I will admit it, tearful.

Jack was at the club last night, and was in good spirits. The players trained and Jack was chilling in the bar. He said, as a target, he wants to aim for a November return to training. I wouldn't put it past him!

Archived