Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

21-04-15: Billericay Town v Hendon

Billericay Town v Hendon

Ryman League, Premier Division

Saturday 21 March 2015, 3:00pm

BT Sports are showing Manchester City v WBA from 12:45pm, I assume it will be on in the clubhouse?

Hendon moved up to second last night, this should be another tough match but they're there to be beaten.

COYB

We were very poor in the first half, with Mahler struggling at right back it's understandable that Edwards shifted the defence but for our most creative player to be playing CB for the rest of the game was very frustrating. Long ball football clearly wasn't working as Hendon were dealing with it so easily but we kept at it for too long, we've definitely proved we're better than lumping it forward and we have plenty of players to play better football

On a more positive note we're still in the race for play offs, a win on Monday and we're right in the mix

Be thankful you got 300, there's teams doing worse than you in the league !!

Attendances have dropped for most teams.

Hendon are flying at the moment, you're in good form otherwise and still an outside bet for the playoffs.

that really hurt admitting that.

Match highlights video:

http://billericaytownfc.wix.com/fans#!hendonvideo/cpmn

It's a short video this weekend, and this is the earliest I've ever had a video available.  Speaks volumes.

Yes we were poor, it was a bad day at the office, tad too early to be screaming for the managers head, we may not be the prettiest side to watch but this is a results driven industry, and we've an outside chance of the play offs and a final to look forward to.

Best put this one behind us and push on

Yes we were poor, it was a bad day at the office, tad too early to be screaming for the managers head, we may not be the prettiest side to watch but this is a results driven industry, and we've an outside chance of the play offs and a final to look forward to.

No need to be calling for the managers head at all.

Someone pointed out that Town have faced the top teams whilst they're on a great run of form - Dulwich Hamlet were flying when we travelled there, Hendon are second and attempting to stretch the gap between them and Margate, Maidstone United are clear at the top of the table for a reason.

Yesterday was poor, but it was a poor match.  Hendon weren't great, they took their chances which is what the game is all about (the second goal was top drawer!) and it didn't help that the referee was bloody awful.

Craig also had a smaller squad to work with.  Ola was out injured, he's been a great signing and a big miss.  Halle was suspended and Callum is likely to be out for the Leiston game but is hoping to be back for the trip to Canvey.

Smaller squad? we signed 6 players last month.

3 players on the bench yesterday. Where were these players signed as cover yesterday?

I can accept playing poor, it happens from time to time, but what's the point in signing someone as cover if they're not even going to be on the bench when we can't fill it!!!?

Be thankful you got 300, there's teams doing worse than you in the league !!

Attendances have dropped for most teams.

Hendon are flying at the moment, you're in good form otherwise and still an outside bet for the playoffs.

that really hurt admitting that.

Cup Of Tea - Thanks for your comment and I hope your boys pull out of trouble ( you haven't been getting the results you deserve lately)

Just so you know, the comment about the 300 gate was not made by a regular contributor - there's obviously something about Billericay that has upset him in the past and infrequently he posts a negative comment. Judging by the latest offering, I think he wants the Manager's job.

The bit about screaming for the managers head was meant to be sarcastic, unfortunately it doesn't really come over in print :D  

Unfortunately was away so not able to watch the game. There are always times when teams play poorly but we have to accept that with smaller crowds and not lots of money we can only attract players we can afford. I have not always agreed with the manager's decisions but I support him and all the players many who try their best. We as stated could go on a good run and win a cup so still lots to play for. Tomorrow is a good chance to put Saturday behind us.

Archived