Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

18th-21st January Midweek Match Thread

All a bit predictable tonight. Pitch held up superbly, despite coating of frost from the KO. No slipping and sliding of note but we just never looked like shooting, let alone scoring. When we did it was a deflected shot.

2 pens against us. 2nd looked a bit soft but I was too far away to argue it. Ref didn't please anyone tonight from either side. Inconsistent and I don't think the players really knew where they stood.

We battled hard enough but there's no flair around at the moment. We had plenty of possession but so many misplaced passes.

Confidence low.

On we go. But not in an upward direction for now I fear.

Epsom Athletic are playing Shene Old Grammarians in Surrey Premier Cup Friday night at Whyteleafe FC at 8pm

Saturday's Division 1 Epsom Athletic v Cobham game is therefore cancelled.

The match between Colliers Wood United and Bedfont Sports has been postponed this evening due to a frozen pitch.

The other game due tonight, Guildford City v Hartley Wintney has passed a 4.00 p.m. pitch inspection but given the forecast plus some very late postponements in similar circumstances yesterday evening, it would be wise to check before travelling.

All a bit predictable tonight. Pitch held up superbly, despite coating of frost from the KO. No slipping and sliding of note but we just never looked like shooting, let alone scoring. When we did it was a deflected shot.

2 pens against us. 2nd looked a bit soft but I was too far away to argue it. Ref didn't please anyone tonight from either side. Inconsistent and I don't think the players really knew where they stood.

We battled hard enough but there's no flair around at the moment. We had plenty of possession but so many misplaced passes.

Confidence low.

On we go. But not in an upward direction for now I fear.

Gotta love Mick Wodham's observations...

"We didn’t do ourselves justice, but that’s nothing compared to the officials.

They were totally inept. Who put those three officials together for a game like that? In minus three conditions we had Santa Claus’ granddad as a linesman."

Said Lino was indeed the oldest looking official I have ever seen at any football match.