Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

VCD Athletic v Enfield Town

littlehampton

Said it before, will again.

We cannot loose against teams in the position VCD find themselves and continue to talk about the play offs.

In my opinion the players are just not good enough.

We need a new spine to the team, at the back, midfield and goal scorer.

Today, the % of play was in the region of 75 / 25 to Town, but we "gave them" 3 goals by poor defending in midfield and defence. Giving the ball away, in any league is just not good enough.

Once we got back to 2 - 2 VCD were there for the taking,

but we gave the ball away AGAIN and they took their chance.

Disappointing that Bad did not bring on subs to "change the game" Instead it was like for like.

At the AGM Bad named 5 players that he was looking to bring in. So far no evidence of this.

Some action needed or accept a mid table finish.

Overall, very disappointing to control a game in such a way and finish with a 2 - 3 defeat due to poor defending "AGAIN" added to the forwards poor finishing, always wanting 3 or 4 touches rather than hit shots on touch one.

Just my opinion.

Edited by OldTowner

Old Towner, I believe you summed up the current position exactly as it is. When

one asks why there are no obvious changes, you always get the same reply, BUDGET. This may be a fact but as I have said before you have to be willing to give a

start to some of your new existing players who have been brought in, otherwise why were they signed.

If you say you understood they are seeking to acquire 4/5 new players then BQ

obviously believes his current squad is not strong enough to achieve the

play offs. If there is a real intent to try and make this happen then decisions

are needed to be made now! Even one or two experienced players, in the right

positions,would be a start.

Like you, I believe a new spine to the team is required.Failing that, at the very least one striker, an alternative style type of player to those we have, so that

he has a different option in attack when required. Most of all, and I make no

apology for saying it again, someone who has the ability to play centre mid-field.

As an interim measure BQ, if fit, would be the ideal person to come on as a sub,in this position

if and when the team start to falter and give them some leadership.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Phil Lowen is a centre midfield player who Brad said at the AGM is a very good player so why the hell isn't he given a go.

He certainly has not let the side down when he has played,scored a goal at lewes and set up the winner against brentwood with a peach of a cross what more has he got to do.

Although Harry corry and bobby are probably3 of our best players I don't think they can all play together I think Brad should pick either corry or  bobby to play off Harry.

Rant over.C.O.Y.T

At last, I said this several weeks ago. Players and management at Hoddesdon spoke very highly of him, Lowen, but BQ only plays him as a sub.

In very first forum rant,  I stated that BQ had made a rod for his own back by making

S Magou captain. For my opinion I was sorely savaged, But BQ now faces what all managers, in all walks of life face, having to make  decisions even unpopular. On this he will be judged, not by us, but other clubs if he wishes to progress in the future. Since taking over he has shown a lot to admire so I hope he will face up to this challenge. This in no way is intended to sound patronising but with the knowledge

that we will support his effort to try such changes.

If I am wrong then he has the option to return to the status quo.

We have to ask ourselves how many more times can we say we were the better side after a loss? It starts to wear a bit thin. " The Emperors Clothes " comes to mind

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

EU, you are obviously, like me a devout fan. However I can only hope that all the clubs above will lose their games in hand and that we go on a winning run to the end of the season.( I know Billericay have played the same as us).

I would be quite happy to accept your view, but there appears to be a flaw

in your logic. It has been reported that BQ stated he his looking at 4/5 new

players. I don't know if only one of that number is for a specific

position, or all to replace 4/5 positions. If my understanding is correct then

such a statement will hardly contribute to the togetherness to which you refer.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Well, that’s a difficult one to assess yesterday. Very disappointed with the result, as I would been even with a draw, we can’t be dropping points against a team in that position. That said, credit to VCD who kept fighting and got the rewards on a day when they were largely battered throughout. Good luck to them in their fight against relegation – with Ricky Sappleton there now they might just survive, a real handful for anyone and always does well against us.

Interesting to hear the opinions of others – I understand where 4wembleyfinals is coming from even if I just can’t see it – what he’s saying about Stanley is almost exactly what I’ve been saying for weeks about Emre Can at Liverpool! Personally though I don’t think centre midfield is the cause of our problems at ETFC and I thought Stanley was one of our better performers yesterday. Harry was yet again outstanding and, strangely, most of our problems at the moment seem to me in trying to fit arguably our 4 most talented players into the same team – by which I mean Harry, Bobby, Corey & Tyler.

The balance isn’t right and we’re continuing to miss Jordan. I can see why Brad’s doing it – Harry’s the player in form, Bobby’s probably our most natural goalscorer, Corey I rate as our most talented player and I’ve said before that Tyler would be the first name on the team sheet for me every week. I don’t think we’re getting the best out of Corey, Tyler or Bobby though in the current set up – not really sure what the answer is, I hope Brad can work that one out!

4 of the top 5 dropped points yesterday – pity we couldn’t capitalise on that, but at least we didn’t fall much further behind. I agree with Brad that if he can bring in quality players who will improve us in any position then he should do so – but it’s clearly not easy persuading quality players to come in if they’re being offered more to play elsewhere. I think the board’s strategy is correct though – we must live within our means – and hopefully at least some of the players we’re after will want to be part of what Brad’s building, for the right, footballing, reasons. In the meantime, I think it’s right that Brad is giving a fair chance to those who’ve played well for us in recent years.

The problem yesterday was that we clearly thought we should be winning at a canter and committed too many men in attack. Shortly after we equalised I commented to Arkwright that I thought we were going too gung-ho in chasing a winner and sure enough we turned the ball over while everyone was piling forward and were left without cover.

>Tom

Good Post

It is right that there is a post mortem on a disastrous result. The team had little width yesterday. Tyler everytime he got the ball he ran towards the centre where he was challenged by up to three defenders.

Corey is getting his place on last season's form. He does not appear to have recovered fully from the injuries that plagued him at the start of the season, he has lost his pace and no longer beats a man which he was doing easily last season. He is the man I would drop until he recovers some pace.

Bobby is a proven goal scorer and is worthy of his place on that alone. He has to learn to work with Harry who is now winning headers which he wasn't when he first came to the club.

I am not a manager and consider that Brad has a very difficult job over the next 2-3 months. The team needs gingering up and perhaps some tough decisions need to be made. Nobody should consider that they have a settle place in the team and a long conversation with Corey would not go amiss.

I believe it was Samir that made that beautiful pass to Tyler that set up Bobby's goal against Met Police. If it wasn't I will be corrected but whoever made that pass should be in the side until Jordan gets fit.

As far as Captaincy goes. I see no natural leaders on the pitch so if it isn't Magou who should it be? Magou could put himself about a bit more. When there is a free kick he should be the one discussing with the taker what they should do. Too often we see Bobby or a n other blasting it over the bar without any thought. Look at the disaster of a free kick that took place on Saturday in the first half from the half way line. That free kick was disgraceful - kicked diagonally into touch a distance of around 5 yards forward from where the free kick was taken. What was that about?

I would give the captains arm band to Ryan Doyle,he is always encouraging his team mates not always in the queens English I must add ha-ha

.I think Stanley is possibly struggling with the added responsibility of captain.

would like to see Lowen in midfield.

Also at the AGM Brad mentioned and named players he was looking to bring to the club well where the hell are they.

Brad also mentioned that captain Kirby had made contact and wanted to return where is he, scoring goals for Hendon.

I know a lot of fans are not 100% behind a Kirby return but I still consider him as one of the best centre half's in the league and I agree with Townerboy we would be in a better position had Kirby not left. 

All about opinion's 

Sorry if I sound smug but at last some are actually smelling the coffee. Most of

that being discussed now I was slated for saying 5 or 6 weeks ago. Perhaps not in the same words but with similar intent. Especially about Kirby, with all his faults is better than some already

playing.

Having considered some of my uttering in the past, with hindsight, I see can see the managements point of view. They did make

efforts for his return but I was told, at the time, he did not

reply to any of their repeated contacts. If this is true then

what would any of us do in the circumstances????

That said, if he genuinely wants to return, and it is on the clubs terms, then the risk would be worth taking.

Unfortunately, I wonder how much of our discussions and views are pure wishful thinking.

I will still continue to look each day for the announcements of

new signings with bated breath.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals